The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Dog that wont stop licking its leg

Default Dog that wont stop licking its leg

Yesterday I decided to go for a hike with my dog. Towards the end of the hike I noticed he was covered in ticks. (I applied the Frontline Plus prior to going on the hike). When we got home I brushed him for a good while to try and get the ticks out of his coat. However, since then he has been licking his two front legs non-stop. He seems to be licking the one leg more than the other and I have a feeling a "hot spot" is going to form. My question is should I take him to the vet today? This is my first dog and I'm just a little unsure of what to do.

If your concerned, take him to the Vet. Don

Middle of Michigan n Matagorda TX (no more cause the RV park we stayed in said no to outside dogs.

Kinda like deciding when to blow the whistle on a blind. If you have to think about it, it is too late. If the question arises in your mind go! Same applies to calling 911. You are not wasting anyones time with those decisions.
    John C aka jacduck

Do you really want to increase entries at the Junior Hunt Test level? Simply put a limit on entries and everyone will flock to JR and fight over how to get in and what to change to make it fair for all !!!!!

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."