The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Client flew in to pick up his pupy

Default Client flew in to pick up his pupy

A nice young man came by to pick up his pup. He flew into Jackson, MS, rented a car,drove down, picked his pup and then drove him back to his new home. The problem came when he went to board the plane in Dallas. He had brought a "vets" lead and a shower curtain to put on the car seat on the way home---BOTH WERE TAKEN FROM HIM! Did they expect him to tie up the flight attendant and then wrap her in the shower curtain? What the He(( goes on? I know times have changed lot over the years.

In 1954, Labador Day week end, I had Cleo fly into Mobile AL so I could pick her up and take her to meet my folks in Panama City. I planed to marry her. The trip went well and I took her back to Mobile to fly back to Lake Charles, La. I also wanted her to take my 12 ga 870 back so I could have it in Lake Carles so I could hunt in the area. She boarded the plane with a naked 870 and no one said a thing to her (though she did get some smiles from some of the passangers).

The plane Cleo flew home on was a twin prop Convair that carried about 50 passangers ( she has since reverted to using her own broom for short flights). Bill
    'Show up for work, do the best job you can and treat others the way you would like to be treated'

( she has since reverted to using her own broom for short flights)
    Uh oh... looks like you'll be sleeping with the puppies for the foreseeable future.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Times have changed. In about 1978 I flew from ND to go duck hunting with my Dad in Arkansas. I boarded with my auto loader in a cloth gun case, gave it to a flight attendant who put it in the cabin with the pilot.

In 1967 I was in our company's advance party going to RVN. We traveled commercial from the east coast to the west coast. There was about six of us. We boarded with our M-16s and put them in the overhead bins.

Boy have times ever changed!
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Oh the Lake Charles Airport, where the same person checks people in, then goes through the back to take your ticket to board and finally puts on a reflective jacket and directs the plane out. Some things never change

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Watson View Post
    Did they expect him to tie up the flight attendant and then wrap her in the shower curtain? What the He(( goes on? I know times have changed lot over the years.l
    Kinda sounds like fun.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

Bill you might want start praying she doesn't locate the old 870?
    I ignore stupidity unless you bring it to my attention!
    Crystal Coast Labradors

CCL Return To Sender
    N Sana Te

Quote Originally Posted by HNTFSH View Post
    Kinda sounds like fun.
    unless you get Richard Branson as your flight attendant

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Watson View Post
    she has since reverted to using her own broom for short flights. Bill
    did you see on the news last week?-

In the country of Swaziland, witches are no longer allowed to fly higher than 150 meters in the air, lest they be subject to arrest and heavy fines.
    According to a report by the Civil Aviation Authority, broomsticks are considered similar to heavier-than-air transportation devices, and therefore are subject to this regulation.
    “A witch on a broomstick should not fly above the [150-metre] limit,” Civil Aviation Authority marketing and corporate affairs director Sabelo Dlamini

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/17/af...#ixzz2TeDoBN9A
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    unless you get Richard Branson as your flight attendant
    Good point. Something similar happened recently with my SFO based flight crew.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon