The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Fleas & ticks

  1. #1
    Junior Member Donald G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    8

    Default Fleas & ticks

    For people with many dogs , what do you use to fight fleas and ticks that is afordable and works !!!

    Thx Don

  2. #2
    Senior Member Jim Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Central Mass.
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Been using the scalibor flea and tick collar. Last for 6 months, not affected by water. Been happy with it.
    The mightiest oak was once a small nut that stood its ground

  3. #3
    Senior Member BAYDOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Phelps,NY
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Go to Walmart and get Pet Armor, same exact thing as Frontline top spot, and half the price , once a month drops, waterproof!!

    http://www.petarmor.com/how-it-compares/
    "Owned by Three AWS's"


    Luke 6:38
    Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

    There are things you just can't fix. Can't fix stupid, can't fix a neutered dog & you can't fix junk!

    American Water Spaniel Club, AKC - Parent Club
    http://www.americanwaterspanielclub.org/



    Robert "BAYDOG" Goodman

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Person View Post
    Been using the scalibor flea and tick collar. Last for 6 months, not affected by water. Been happy with it.
    That is an excellent collar. I decided to try the Seresto collar and so far it is totally effective. After the rebate it is 29.99 for 8 months.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpinRetriever View Post
    That is an excellent collar. I decided to try the Seresto collar and so far it is totally effective. After the rebate it is 29.99 for 8 months.
    I thought it was 6 month protection.
    Tom Dorroh

  6. #6
    Senior Member Mike Peters-labguy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,152

    Default

    How do you get tge rebate? We just bought some from Fosters and Smith.
    Mike Peters

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Peters-labguy23 View Post
    How do you get tge rebate? We just bought some from Fosters and Smith.
    To get the rebate you have to register on the website. Then a printable rebate form pops up.

    http://www.petparents.com/reminder.aspx/signin

    I hope you kept the containers.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Longview Texas
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Frontline Plus. Buy the 88-132 and divide it into doses. It costs the same as the lower weight ranges. Buy in bulk and you will save even more money. Cheapest I've found is 1-800 pet meds.

  9. #9
    Senior Member BAYDOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Phelps,NY
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Marshall View Post
    Frontline Plus. Buy the 88-132 and divide it into doses. It costs the same as the lower weight ranges. Buy in bulk and you will save even more money. Cheapest I've found is 1-800 pet meds.
    Basically your paying $41 a year for Frontline Plus. Pet Armor 89-132(at Wal-Mart) is $50 for 6 doses cut in half is $25 a year. Why may I ask would you pay more for a name, and its the same thing??
    "Owned by Three AWS's"


    Luke 6:38
    Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

    There are things you just can't fix. Can't fix stupid, can't fix a neutered dog & you can't fix junk!

    American Water Spaniel Club, AKC - Parent Club
    http://www.americanwaterspanielclub.org/



    Robert "BAYDOG" Goodman

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BAYDOG View Post
    Basically your paying $41 a year for Frontline Plus. Pet Armor 89-132(at Wal-Mart) is $50 for 6 doses cut in half is $25 a year. Why may I ask would you pay more for a name, and its the same thing??
    In this case it is money well spent....reminds me of a guy who bragged about using BioSpot until the dog collapsed and he spent 2,000 at the vet.

    So far I think this Seresto collar is the way to go.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •