RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Fleas & ticks

11K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  23721 
#1 ·
For people with many dogs , what do you use to fight fleas and ticks that is afordable and works !!!

Thx Don

#3 ·
#9 ·
Basically your paying $41 a year for Frontline Plus. Pet Armor 89-132(at Wal-Mart) is $50 for 6 doses cut in half is $25 a year. Why may I ask would you pay more for a name, and its the same thing??

#13 ·
From late April through about mid July the ticks are quite thick where we live. We've been using Frontline Plus for about ten years now and (knock on wood) we have never had a tick attach itself to one of our dogs. But we're also diligent about going over our dog(s) after each training session.

#14 ·
We use frontline plus on our Chessie. Our vet advised us that it was the safest product on the market for our situation, since we have 4 kids, one is a baby who will undoubtedly snuggle the dog and lick her fingers at the same time (yuck). I got the impression that his opinion was that it was very effective, didn't have a lot of side effects, and would be safe for our kids to be in close contact with the dog and was safe for me to apply to the dog while I was still pregnant. I don't know if there are other safe options out there, but that's what led us to go with frontline.

#19 ·
How do you divide the large dose in half ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.