The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alright you pesky new kids. Wanna know why The RTF is COOL? Wanna Know Why We Are Fam

Default Alright you pesky new kids. Wanna know why The RTF is COOL? Wanna Know Why We Are Fam

Alright you pesky new kids. Wanna know why The RTF is COOL? Wanna Know Why We Are Family? I Gots a Fricken story for ya all!

Last year a retriever club had to cancel a hunt test. It happens every year to any given club. It sucks. So this particular retriever club, in an effort to be responsible and let everyone know told it here on the RTF. And then, led by one individual and then pounced upon by many were totally run over by the RTF bus. It so was lame. I think even another thread was started in support of the club.
    Well, I have chaired a few hunt tests. Both club tests and licensed events. More than once. And I have had to cancel events. It sucks. More work goes into calling off an event than putting one on. So, I scent a message to the club and told them next year if they send me the info and a logo I would set them up with some maple syrup of mine to use as judges gifts or raffle stuff. Well this year was next year last year. And promises are made to be kept. Not only did the club contact send the info but also purchased some for their personal private self. The Pure Vermont Maple Syrup was shipped and the Hunt test went on and people entered. Life was good.

Fast forward to tonight. Home from work, Dogs feed, bier in hand check front stoop. Huge box! The feller who was my contact at the retriever club works at
    Starline Inc.
    “Makers Of The Finest Handgun Brass”
    http://www.starlinebrass.com
    and in the huge box were (I have not actually counted) A stack of cool T-Shirts. A Stack of Hats. And a Stack of Hoodies, Nice ones!!!
    All from Starline Brass. Just in time for my clubs NAHRA field-test this coming weekend on Kate Simonds front lawn in Stowe, Vermont. Plopped upon the raffle table they will be!!!

A very public THANK YOU
    to Starline Brass and to David Wolfe!!!
    This Kids….. is why the RTF is cool!

It ain’t about who is able to type the fastest.
    It ain’t about who is able to reply to every thread.

It is real people doing things for real people. The RTF is not a faceless forum like so many others. It is as it always was a group of retriever geeks standing around the tailgate of a pickup truck after an event. Talking to each other, having a bier.

Ken Bora
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Many good things come from the rtf family. I got a rescue dog to Mew Mexico via the NAFC and got boarding while the trial was being run from a wonderful lady in CA. The dog has thrived with the new owner and many thanks to those who silently stepped up to offer the legs of the transport and boarding so the folks running could concentrate on the competition. Lots of good comes from a broad resource which can be like making a phone call to a bunch of friends.

I have made some life long friends from the RTF. Plus got invited to hunt a few cool places. Not to mention all the training help and great info from people that have been in the game a lot longer than most and bought and sold a few dogs from the classifieds.

Ken...you spelled bier rong. Under the bus ugo
    I still have a bottle of your Maple Syrup won at the Lake Champlain raffle about ten years back. It sits on a shelf in the kennel along with many other bottles found along the way from across the country.
    Nice post. There are some great folks in our retriever community for sure.
    Mike Berube

I just post here for the cool hat I never got and all the hot chicks....

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Ken yes I agree many good things come from RTF and many good things happens b/c of RTF. Take for example OK tornado. I would not have known all about where to give. Someone posted the site and done like many others on the forum. I think this is the greatest venue for spreading the word about any type of event or catastrophe. Love the RTF!!! Thanks Ken for posting. ps. Don't care if you spelt beer wrong. I understood. Take care you all!!!
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

One big Disfunctional family that has more in common than not. Many thanks to Chris who gets/has to deal with all of our idiosyncrasies.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    One big Disfunctional family that has more in common than not. Many thanks to Chris who gets/has to deal with all of our idiosyncrasies.

It's time for Amnesty. Place is kind of boring with the old brothers and sisters banned from the dinner table.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    It's time for Amnesty. Place is kind of boring with the old brothers and sisters banned from the dinner table.
    That would be awesome!
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

I'm new to this and wasn't here for the "glory days" of the past. What I do know is that it is a great resource for those trying to learn. I have even had the pleasure of speaking to the head janitor on the phone. I found the site 1 year before I got my 1st pup. Before finding this, I thought a lab was a lab... I had no idea about health certs, pedigrees or the dog games. I just wanted a dog to get a duck for me in the unlikely event that I hit one.

After doing my homework on this site, I ended up with a well bred lab, sent him to a trainer for several months and now I plan to enter AKC hunt tests with him. We work as team every day. That was not the plan 2 years ago.

Thanks to all of the RTF family for all of your help.
    DUCKDAWG'S MAC'S MAGICAL MR. OCTOBER JH -- Reggie