The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Hope all the Okie's are ok -gdg

All well here. Outran the Sunday nado that went near Meeker and it crossed a mile from my house. No damage. The one yesterday is far from me, but not far from my heart. I have been working at Channel 9 where I work to get tornado relief supplies last night and then again today. We're rained out now, but back to work in a few. Please donate to Red Cross. Text 90999 and put Red Cross in the body of the message to make a ten dollar donation. If you want to "like" a post on my Duck Club of Oklahoma facebook page, I am giving away a waxed cotton Duck Club of Oklahoma hat one winner of all those who donate. Thanks and God Bless
    www.duckclubofoklahoma.com
    www.arcadiaretrievers.com
    Home of:

Bayou Magic's Rouxster Bleu "Bleu" Amateur Win
    Arcadia's Senor Jefe (Ret) 10 1/2 AA pts
    Co/owner FC/AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH (Ret)
    AFC Arcadia's Say Goodnight Gracie (RIP)
    Arcadia's He's A Cracker "Archie" (RIP)

Sorry for all the misery in OK but glad that Tim, Frank, Bruce, Russell, Gavin, Max, Bill B, Bill C, Judi and Kent, and others in the OKC area are OK!

I have some information but am waiting for permission from Chris to post. I will get it up as soon as I hear from Chris
    Nicole

Trained by:
    AKC CH pointed USJ HR U-GRCH Fish Dog's Playing in the Kona Surf MH CGC "Kona"
    WindyCanyon's Don't Stop Believin JH " Journey"- Heathen in training
    Folly Hill's Crazy Train @ Triple Threat " Ozzy"
    www.triplethreatretrievers.com

anybody heard from Rainbolt..not sure what part of Okla he is from
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    anybody heard from Rainbolt..not sure what part of Okla he is from
    Tulsa, think those guys are OK so far

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Tulsa, think those guys are OK so far
    just checked his Twitter account ,says it missed him..good to hear
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Most of us on the eastern side of the state only had heavy rain, some wind and hail.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Bruce Loeffelhoz had major hail damage to his house from the storms on Sunday but yesterday's tornado missed his house by 4 miles. He said it took him 6 hours to get home from Edmond where he was working, a drive that would normally take less than 30 minutes.
    My damage from Sunday seems pretty trivial after what happened just up the road in Moore on Monday - at least mine can be repaired! My little brother and his wife were trapped in their storm cellar on Sunday near Lake Thunderbird (east of Norman) until the neighbors could free them. The Edmond tornado on Sunday came within a half mile or less from my office (and then close to Tim W.). I stayed home today and telecommuted due to the traffic gridlock. The Moore tornado was about 2 miles north of Bob Stoop's new house/mansion. My dad and I go to the movies every other Tuesday at the Warren Theaters in Moore. We were planning to leave work early yesterday due to the severe threat of tornado's....... I didn't get away to lunch until after 2 pm and just almost started home which could have put me in the path of the tornado in Moore, but instead I chose to grab a bite to eat first......... so my 6 hour sojourn home yesterday is trivial also. God bless all the victims and emergency workers.... including the search dogs.

This morning they interviewed a local tire company onsite that had fixed over 150 flats during the night on emergency vehicles and had a line of 3 or 4 waiting during the interview. It is really incredible the thousands of needs and details that one does not readily think of during these times..................
    May we all grow in wisdom, grace, humility, courage, understanding, respect, experience, and knowledge

Bruce A. Loeffelholz
    Red River Retrievers
    BruceLoe97@aol.com
    (405) 613-9988
    Waterproof Field Trial and AKC Hunt Test Judges Sheets since 1987

17 miles on the ground in mostly populated areas reaching EF5 status and only 24 fatalities (200+ injuries)....... incredible testament to our weather teams (we have real weathermen in OK) and the education of the population to these situations.......... Kevin Durant has donated $1 million to the Red Cross as has the Thunder team. Devon energy 2.5 million and Chesapeake energy $2 million........ Thunder players visiting kids in hospitals all day.......
    May we all grow in wisdom, grace, humility, courage, understanding, respect, experience, and knowledge

Bruce A. Loeffelholz
    Red River Retrievers
    BruceLoe97@aol.com
    (405) 613-9988
    Waterproof Field Trial and AKC Hunt Test Judges Sheets since 1987

IF a retriever club wanted to donate money to OK would everyone recommend the red cross or is there someother organization that would be better to donate to.