The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hope all the Okie's are ok -gdg

thanks for the information on donations. We will send to the United Way of Norman since that money will only be used in that county. Just waiting on the club officers to tell me how much to send.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Klotthor View Post
    thanks for the information on donations. We will send to the United Way of Norman since that money will only be used in that county. Just waiting on the club officers to tell me how much to send.
    Great! Thank you! (Norman is the county seat of Cleveland County - what ya'll call a Parrish)
    May we all grow in wisdom, grace, humility, courage, understanding, respect, experience, and knowledge

Bruce A. Loeffelholz
    Red River Retrievers
    BruceLoe97@aol.com
    (405) 613-9988
    Waterproof Field Trial and AKC Hunt Test Judges Sheets since 1987

OU ready to keep victims all summer
    By Zachary Snowdon Smith
    Posted: 05/24/2013 1:54 AM

Juan Flores moved into the Walker Center dormitory Wednesday at the University of Oklahoma. He was shown to his new room, pre-furnished with a bed, desk and closet. He spent his first evening watching football on one of the communal TVs in Walker Center’s lobby.

But Flores isn’t a freshman — he’s a 54-year-old resident of Moore. Flores’ mobile home was destroyed Monday by the tornado that also robbed hundreds of others of their homes. Now, more than 300 of those people have turned to OU for help.

“I’m used to giving,” Flores said. “I’m not used to getting charity from other people. I don’t know how to act.”

The newly homeless began arriving at the Walker dorms at 9 p.m. Monday, said Erin Simpson, Walker Center coordinator.

Most arriving displaced people are being housed at the Walker or Cate Center dorms, said Amy Buchanan, OU Department of Housing and Food Services spokesperson. Families with pets are staying at the Kraettli Apartments on the south edge of campus.

For Simpson, the last few days have been finals week all over again. She’s been helping displaced families find quarters that fit their needs for more than 36 hours, broken only by a 90-minute nap.

Volunteers’ around-the-clock labor has been aided by generous donations from the Norman community and OU departments. A call for diapers, food and other supplies received such a copious response that needs were met in less than 24 hours. Organizers now request only donations of gift cards, Buchanan said.

To accommodate the donations, organizers have converted a dozen Walker Center dorm rooms into makeshift storerooms.

“We literally have a room full of toilet paper,” Simpson said. “We have rooms and rooms of shampoo. ... Pretty insane, huh? It’s really heartening.”

OU’s Department of Housing and Food Services has scrambled not only to feed and clothe the displaced but also to offer them entertainment in the form of art contests, relay races and a screening of “The Sandlot.”

“That’s what I love about Oklahoma,” Flores said. “In Oklahoma, when things like this happen, they just get up and dust their jeans off. They come together. ... I’m from Texas, but I love Oklahoma.”

Organizers don’t know how long the situation will last, but they’re prepared to accommodate displaced people at least until the end of summer break in August, Buchanan said. Walker Center could house about another 1,100 people, if necessary.

“Our entire university community has really pulled together,” Simpson said. “That, to me, is what it means to be a Sooner.”
    May we all grow in wisdom, grace, humility, courage, understanding, respect, experience, and knowledge

Bruce A. Loeffelholz
    Red River Retrievers
    BruceLoe97@aol.com
    (405) 613-9988

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce L View Post
    Thanks so much for your inquiry!! Moore, OK is in Cleveland County the same as Norman, OK....... Perhaps the below information would be helpful:

"United Way
    of Norman
    Live United - United Way

Oklahoma Tornado Relief
    On May 19 and 20, powerful tornadoes roared through central Oklahoma killing dozens and destroying hundreds of homes.

If you are looking to help, the best thing you can do right now is donate money. United Way of Norman is collecting donations for tornado relief. If you'd like to give online, click here: http://www.unitedwaynorman.org/civic...t?reset=1&id=4

If you would rather write a check, please send it to:

United Way of Norman
    2424 Springer Drive, Suite 304
    Norman, OK 73069
    Make sure to write "Oklahoma Tornado" in the memo line of your check.

Fund dollars will be distributed without administrative fees to our partners working on the tornado relief efforts.

You can also donate directly to our partners through text message.
    Red Cross- Text REDCROSS to 90999 for a $10 donation
    Salvation Army- Text STORM to 80888 for a $10 donation

Volunteers will be needed in the coming weeks and months. If you are looking to volunteer, you can find opporunities here- https://moore.recovers.org/

You can find the latest infomration on recovery and relief efforts here- www.Okstrong.ok.gov

Tell Your Friends

If you have friends you think would like to help, pass the word!"
    Just sent funds from Pontchartrain Hunting Ret Club to the UnitedWay of Norman
    Also prays sent from down south.

Quote Originally Posted by kona's mom View Post
    I'm leaving on Friday and headed down for a week to work with the Animal Resource Center and the Orr Family Farm. We've done some fund raising here and are sending monetary donation to ARC and the United Way Of Central OK as they said they will earmark for tornado relief. Still looking for a place to stay down there so if anyone heres of anything please let me know. I always seem to be a minute to late when calling some of the places that are setting up. Have a tent if need be
    Keep us posted on your trip please!
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Nicole, we have a room over our garage that is very comfortable and you are welcome to stay at our home in Arcadia, Unfortunately we are east of Edmond, about 40 minutes from the tornado area. Give me a call if you need to stay, 405-317-6361.
    www.duckclubofoklahoma.com
    www.arcadiaretrievers.com
    Home of:

Bayou Magic's Rouxster Bleu "Bleu" Amateur Win
    Arcadia's Senor Jefe (Ret) 10 1/2 AA pts
    Co/owner FC/AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH (Ret)
    AFC Arcadia's Say Goodnight Gracie (RIP)
    Arcadia's He's A Cracker "Archie" (RIP)

Terrie, I called Southland Supply where I order my Eukanuba food from, and they are donating two pallets of Iams Dog food for the tornado relief! The truck will be in the OKC area on Tuesday. Where should we have the food delivered?
    www.duckclubofoklahoma.com
    www.arcadiaretrievers.com
    Home of:

Bayou Magic's Rouxster Bleu "Bleu" Amateur Win
    Arcadia's Senor Jefe (Ret) 10 1/2 AA pts
    Co/owner FC/AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH (Ret)
    AFC Arcadia's Say Goodnight Gracie (RIP)
    Arcadia's He's A Cracker "Archie" (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim West View Post
    Terrie, I called Southland Supply where I order my Eukanuba food from, and they are donating two pallets of Iams Dog food for the tornado relief! The truck will be in the OKC area on Tuesday. Where should we have the food delivered?
    Have Southland Supply contact the Animal Resource Center for delivery instructions for their donation. https://www.facebook.com/animalresourcecenter
    Terrie Tomlinson
    Frontier Retrievers
    HR Five Star Winning Sue SH
    Young Guns: Frontier's True Grit With a Cause "Rooster" and Frontier's Gossip Girl With A Cause "Gabby"
    Boykin Spaniels: Max, Scarlet, Rummy, Jewels, Bella, Molly, and Piper

In Memory:
    HRCH Frontier's Cherokee Rebel MH (5-9-2000 to 12-6-2011)
    Moonstone's Little Girl Found MH (3-20-1998 to 5-2-2008)
    Calebri's Take the Money and Run JH (3-3-2008 to 6-20-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Klotthor View Post
    Just sent funds from Pontchartrain Hunting Ret Club to the UnitedWay of Norman
    Also prays sent from down south.
    Thanx for your kindness and generosity!

Bruce A. Loeffelholz
    Red River Retrievers
    BruceLoe97@aol.com
    (405) 613-9988

I know the FAA has a big presence in OK City & Moore.
    If anyone knows of a person qualified and wants to relocate I know of a great job opportunity located outside Phily PA.
    "Chief Inspector" @ FAA Part 145 MRO operation. Experience interfacing with FAA FSDO and MIDO offices big plus. Twin turbine rotorcraft and fixed wing aircraft @ G. O. Carlson Airport Coatesville, PA.
    Some friends are launching a new company where previous operation was tossed aside in corp takeover. It will be a good job. Put the word out or cross post.
    Independence Aviation Services.
    Contact Tim or Joel.
    http://www.jsfirm.com/companydetail....hief+Inspector
    Last edited by Breck; 05-26-2013 at 08:25 PM.
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie