The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lois Lerner

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    If one were innocent of any wrong doing, why wouldn't one answer the questions to clear ones self????
    In my opinion she is guilty. There are many situations when it is advisable for an innocent person to not say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    You would fit right in with the folks in this administration.
    So would you.

Towards the end of the hearing, it was revealed that all of the IG staff interviews with IRS staff (or 36 out of 41 interviews) were attended by Holly Paz of the IRS in WA and that it was either she or Lois Lerner who requested that she (Holly) be there so the IRS would know every question asked and every answer made during the audit.

IG George said he would look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    If one were innocent of any wrong doing, why wouldn't one answer the questions to clear ones self????
    Substitute Congress for Cop.

Long but worth the time.

So it's something like this, Lois Lerner: "I didn't do anything wrong and anyone that thinks I did is mistaken but to be certain I'm going to invoke my 5th Amendment Right." What a crock of crap!! Is she a liberal? For all of you liberals out there that would be a rhetorical question!
    Last edited by coachmo; 05-22-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    In my opinion she is guilty. There are many situations when it is advisable for an innocent person to not say anything.
    One of the first things covered in our CC class in the event one needs discharge ones weapon with results, and the advice of my lawyer. Sometimes it be prudent to remain silent or take the 5th. ( Nixon and Clinton come to mind )
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

At this time, the public does not know exactly what Ms. Lerner was guilty of doing. We don't know if she prepared the BOLO list; we don't know if she participated in preparing the questions the IRS staff in Cincinnati and in Washington DC mailed to applicants; we don't know exactly when she knew misconduct was happening (started in March 2010), and we don't know whether she condoned or approved of it.

We have heard that in July 2011 Lerner told Cincinnati to stop using the BOLO list. We don't know if that order was given with a wink or not. We do know IRS staff resumed targeting and sending out letters to applicants with "inappropriate" questions and asking for donor names. Miller testified that they knew this had resumed and nothing was done about it. He testified that probably someone under Lerner had it resume. It appears from his testimony that Lerner knew targeting had resumed and did nothing to enforce her July 2011 order for it to stop.

So far she is guilty of not doing anything until July 2011 and then not doing anything to enforce her order when it was ignored. The misconduct continued on until... well, now.

She still gets a paycheck. She has not been fired; she has not been asked to resign.

Helen
    Last edited by helencalif; 05-22-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Stan, I was referring to members on this forum. I don't recall any members on this forum saying she was innocent. I would expect any half way intelligent person in her position to plead the fifth, nothing good for her could come from being grilled by this panel. I believe if Roger Clemens or Andy Pettitte had to do it over they would have done the same.
    Andy P. did it correctly, people forgave him after he admitted what he did...Roger C. being the arrogant ********** that he is (only Longhorn I hate) thought his record would get him past the scrutiny, had he fessed up he would have been viewed differently now...

I understand WHY we have the 5th Amendment....our system is innocent until proven guilty, but IMO all this will do is force investigators to look harder and subpoena ALL her contacts and see who rolls over first...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Andy P. did it correctly, people forgave him after he admitted what he did...Roger C. being the arrogant ********** that he is (only Longhorn I hate) thought his record would get him past the scrutiny, had he fessed up he would have been viewed differently now...

I understand WHY we have the 5th Amendment....our system is innocent until proven guilty, but IMO all this will do is force investigators to look harder and subpoena ALL her contacts and see who rolls over first...
    IMO because Pettitte chose to testify it cost him years of legal headaches that he would not of faced if he had simply plead the fifth, in the end he is just another roidhead just like Clemens, better attitude, cheated just the same.

I don't believe that any of these political groups should be able to get tax exempt status, and they sure shouldn't be able to keep their donors secret.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)