The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lois Lerner

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I don't believe that any of these political groups should be able to get tax exempt status, and they sure shouldn't be able to keep their donors secret.
    Buzz, do you believe the same is true for the Public Employees Unions?
    Just Win

Kaffee: Did you order the Code Red?

Col. Jessep: I did the job I...

Kaffee: *Did you order the Code Red?*

Col. Jessep: *You're Goddamn right I did!*
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

I don't believe that any of these political groups should be able to get tax exempt status, and they sure shouldn't be able to keep their donors secret.
    I agree with the tax exempt status but McCain-Feingold gave us the Super PAC and taught both sides how to cheat, donor lists are a lot like voter registration, lots of room for fraud
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Buzz,
    A lot of people think the way you do, but ... that isn't the focus of the hearings.

We have learned that years ago the law as written and passed by Congress said that 501(c) 4's activities and funds for tax exempt status was exclusively to be used for social welfare. At some point in time (1959 bandied about) the IRS regulations changed the word "exclusively" to "primarily" without the law (statute) being changed by Congress.

It is my understanding of the explanation that it was the IRS change in interpretation and implementation of the law who opened the door for 501(c)4's to participate in politics and electioneering. The IRS use of "Primarily" has evolved to being acceptable for the organization to electioneer, campaign, support candidates using 49% of the funds donated to the organization. That being the case, things being equal, all organizations applying for 501(c)4 exempt status should be subject to the same scrutiny and processing time table.

What we are learning is conservative organizations, churches, organizations devoted to either teaching or upholding the Constitution and/or Bill of Rights, pro-life organizations, and even book clubs were targeted for increased scrutiny and harassed by the IRS. It has been reported that individuals involved with these organizations were targeted. They personally were audited and/or their businesses were audited. IG George testified today that they are investigating 473 cases wherein people were audited. We are hearing some reports that the FBI terrorism unit made personal visits, that OSHA was sent to businesses. We are hearing that IRS personnel released to others personal information such as tax returns (which is illegal and a criminal offense).

In addition to harassment, the IRS stonewalled applications by not responding. Some applications are in their 3rd year. IG George said there are at least 100 applications yet to be processed that are more than 2 years old.

The law on the books for 501(c) 4 status is clear in its intention because of the word "exclusive". The law does not have to be changed; I think it needs to be enforced. Since the IRS determines what status they are going to grant an organization, it is the IRS who should enforce the law. Obviously, by practice, they have not done that. Since March 2010 they have been selective on how they treat applicants.

Helen

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    IMO because Pettitte chose to testify it cost him years of legal headaches that he would not of faced if he had simply plead the fifth, in the end he is just another roidhead just like Clemens, better attitude, cheated just the same.
    To you... To most of baseball he is still valued and paid accordingly. Clemens is a pariah.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    IMO because Pettitte chose to testify it cost him years of legal headaches that he would not of faced if he had simply plead the fifth, in the end he is just another roidhead just like Clemens, better attitude, cheated just the same.
    I guess I missed something. What legal headaches has he faced by telling the truth?

While I can't substantiate this it is my understanding that Pettite used steroids to rehab an injury. Clemens, Bonds, Sosa, Maguire, Palmero, not to mention the other ahole from Austin used steroids to ENHANCE their careers.

To lump Andy Pettite with those cheaters imo is a huge disservice. I've always admired a human saying I was wrong I shouldn't have done it. But you know what I admire him more for coming back and performing at the highest level without PED. How did that work out for the other guys I mentioned?

Back to your post what legal headaches did he suffer thru?
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

One positive out of all this.

The progressives finally remember the constitution!!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

http://redflagnews.com/headlines/the...snt-disappoint

This is a pretty good watch...

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    I guess I missed something. What legal headaches has he faced by telling the truth?

While I can't substantiate this it is my understanding that Pettite used steroids to rehab an injury. Clemens, Bonds, Sosa, Maguire, Palmero, not to mention the other ahole from Austin used steroids to ENHANCE their careers.

To lump Andy Pettite with those cheaters imo is a huge disservice. I've always admired a human saying I was wrong I shouldn't have done it. But you know what I admire him more for coming back and performing at the highest level without PED. How did that work out for the other guys I mentioned?

That was his claim/excuse, but no one on staff or his Dr put him on roids to rehab.

I do admire him for admitting to using. I can accept that and move past it. Not owning it is another thing, no matter what it is. We all have feet of clay and are prone to missteps. Cheating, on the other hand, is just that.

Intent Is Everything Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post

If Pettitte and Clemens would have plead the fifth, Pettitte would not have had to gone through years of testimony about the event. I am not impressed when an admitted "PED" user is pitching so well at an advanced age. So now at age 40 he is doing better than he was in his late twenties, right.........
    Last edited by mngundog; 05-22-2013 at 06:54 PM.