Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lois Lerner

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    http://redflagnews.com/headlines/the...snt-disappoint

This is a pretty good watch...

/Paul
    /paul,

indeed a "good watch". i found myself feeling odd at the end as i said to myself, "john, in this exchange you were pulling for a congressman elected to contrive plans to steal your money. why did you favor him over an appointee who was put in place to carry out the planned theft?"

anyone else feel that way?
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    /paul,

indeed a "good watch". i found myself feeling odd at the end as i said to myself, "john, in this exchange you were pulling for a congressman elected to contrive plans to steal your money. why did you favor him over an appointee who was put in place to carry out the planned theft?"

anyone else feel that way?
    I agree with you on everything John except what Gowdy was elected for. He is pretty hard nosed all the time about protecting the folks and doing the right thing. I tend to pay attention to him as a displaced Gamecock. He is a strong conservative. Check him out online. Former Federal Prosecutor as well.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Stan, I was referring to members on this forum. I don't recall any members on this forum saying she was innocent. I would expect any half way intelligent person in her position to plead the fifth, nothing good for her could come from being grilled by this panel. I believe if Roger Clemens or Andy Pettitte had to do it over they would have done the same.
    The difference is that they were private citizens who were called to testify. She's an employee! She has no right to invoke the 5th amendment in matters relating to how she did her job? I believe that she should be relieved on this basis (5th Amendment) alone and put in a position emptying wastebaskets and ashtrays. She insults every honest and hardworking civil servant.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    The difference is that they were private citizens who were called to testify. She's an employee! She has no right to invoke the 5th amendment in matters relating to how she did her job? I believe that she should be relieved on this basis (5th Amendment) alone and put in a position emptying wastebaskets and ashtrays. She insults every honest and hardworking civil servant.
    You and I both know you dont mean that, but as you pointed put in an earlier post, the VERY MINUTE she started making any statement at all she gave up the right to invoke the 5th...the last time I saw a witness do it in front of Congress, they invoked it as soon as the first question was asked. its an all or nothing privilege, but I know you know that because you are more up an legal matters than most here on the RTF
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Let us not forget that the harrassment of these groups continues TODAY! Dozens of these applications, that have already been delayed for two or more years, still have not been resolved. One group has already filed suit, and several other groups are ready to do so.

If this harrassment ended in May 2012, why are these applications still not resolved? An attorney who works in the area of 501(c) requests says that prior to this such applications would take. at most, 6 weeks.

I guess Miller, Schulman, et al STILL don't know what the heck is going on in their Dept.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

And every American taxpayer who pays her salary and bonuses!
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    You and I both know you dont mean that,...
    You'd be surprised just how close I am to that. She is an employee. Congress has the right to her answer to bring an errant portion of the IRS in line. By refusing to answer, she encourages the deviant behavior. Granting her qualified immunity will get around the issue. Then if she continues to take this position, throw her in jail under a contempt finding until she decides to answer the questions. If she dies in jail, so be it.

Actually the right thing for her to do was to resign first, then take the 5th Amendment. That's got some small bit of honor. She ought not be able to use her position to hide behind the Bill of Rights when she may well be the one who voided those same rights for the American public.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Congress has the right to her answer to bring an errant portion of the IRS in line. .
    an errant portion????????????

explain which portion of the irs you view to be inerrant???
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel J Simoens View Post
    Kaffee: Did you order the Code Red?

Col. Jessep: I did the job I...

Kaffee: *Did you order the Code Red?*

Col. Jessep: *You're Goddamn right I did!*
    sadly that irs girl is just as pompus as Jessep in many ways. hope she gets the same.
    and yes, we can handle the truth. we will never hear it though. not on this, not on the AP taps not on Syria not on the fox news emails, not on boston bomb Russia told us so and we dorked out, not on nothin never.
    if a past president was teflon. What the hell kind of slickum is this feller covered with? and how do we spray it off?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

You'd be surprised just how close I am to that. She is an employee. Congress has the right to her answer to bring an errant portion of the IRS in line. By refusing to answer, she encourages the deviant behavior. Granting her qualified immunity will get around the issue. Then if she continues to take this position, throw her in jail under a contempt finding until she decides to answer the questions. If she dies in jail, so be it.

Actually the right thing for her to do was to resign first, then take the 5th Amendment. That's got some small bit of honor. She ought not be able to use her position to hide behind the Bill of Rights when she may well be the one who voided those same rights for the American public.
    Ok I can see and to an extent agree with most of your sentiment....but as someone once said the US Constitution tells us what we can do, and the Bill of Rights tells the government what they cant do...My ONLY problem with denying her the 5th Amendment is that it puts a precedent with someone taking away my 1st and 2nd Amendments and I KNOW how big a proponent of those YOU are because I have read your posts on the subject

I strongly hope that Issa and his cohorts have the nuts to recall her to the stand and NOT give her the opportunity to make a statement again without relinquishing her 5th Amendment rights..

I also think they need to appoint a Special Prosecutor because they will get no help from the DOJ or the AG, all they have to do is charge one or two people with some Federal charges and the lid will get blown off the jar
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"