The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Lois Lerner

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    With all due respect Buzz, the question is not the "words" "primarily" instead of "eclusively. The question is whether the American people tolerate GROSS ABUSE of gov. power to intimidate those of a different political view to the current administration and the Democrat party. THAT IS THE ISSUE.

You quibble over how the law was written and interpreted while the issue is COMPLETE AND GROSS ABUSE OF POWER. You have got to be kidding me.

I must have missed it, how many groups were denied?

And yes, I think it is scandalous that political groups are in effect subsidized with tax dollars with these exemptions, conservative or liberal.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Denied? They don't deny. They string these groups along for years with never ending senseless and outrageous questions. But then, you know that. Obfuscating is part of the Lib playbook.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I must have missed it, how many groups were denied?

And yes, I think it is scandalous that political groups are in effect subsidized with tax dollars with these exemptions, conservative or liberal.
    How many have to be denied before the BLIND see the problem????????????????

http://therightscoop.com/mark-steyn-...her-of-darfur/

This audio is about 8 minutes long, but details how Lois Lerner gave BHO's brother's "foundation" a quick & easy pass for tax deductible status. The disgrace is that this foundation may be pretty bogus to begin with; and Malik Obama is buddies with the leader of Sudan, one of only 4 designated terrorist states. (Syria, Iran and Cuba are the other three).

Mark Steyn was a substitute host on the Rush Limbaugh show ... while many don't care much for Rush, this situation of the BHO Sr Foundation is a matter of record, and Steyn gives a clear assessment of the disgraceful, and also illegal, action of Lois Lerner.

This might be one of the reasons Lois took the 5th. If she was asked about the BHO Foundation, she would have had to admit to backdating the 501c3 status beyond the legal limits. In her position, she would have no excuse for ignorance of the law (IRS doesn't accept such ignorance of the law for taxpayers). Actually, since her signature is on the approval, do they really need her testimony to prove her dereliction of duty and illegal use of her position?

What puzzles me is that since it is now a matter of record that this foundation's status was illegally granted (they started collecting funds as tax deductible prior to getting their tax deductible status in excess of the "grace period" for doing so) ... why hasn't anyone in the IRS moved to revoke this foundation's tax deductible status & go after the taxes that were evaded? They could always ask for their list of donors Maybe they could also ask for evidence of any affordable housing in Kenya that this foundation has created?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

The acknowledgement that IRS questionnaires change behavior could indicate conscious intent in the harassment of tea party and conservative organizations seeking tax exempt status. That paves the way for a potential criminal conviction. Lerner is currently demanding immunity in order to testify, having invoked the Fifth Amendment. Her bargaining leverage has just collapsed. If Lerner finds herself facing potential criminal prosecution, her tongue may loosen on its own. There are much bigger fish than this unpleasant woman, and she strikes me as the kind who would find life in the slammer unacceptable. She'll be looking out for number one.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...#ixzz2YlTxMfMA

The beginning of this article refers back to a statement made in an interview with Business Week in 2011:
    Lois Lerner is a nasty piece of work, and one aspect of her arrogance could well be her undoing. She enjoyed wielding her power so much that she boasted about it, and in doing so in a 2011 interview with Business Week, she conceded a point that could be used to prove criminal culpability. Patrick Frey, who writes Patterico's Pontifications, uncovered the incriminating crowing:
    A reader sends a very interesting tidbit buried in a November 17, 2011 Businessweek.com article about the IRS and not-for-profit [COLOR=#11B000 !important]universities[/COLOR]. The article is about the IRS making inquiries into "whether schools improperly claimed tax-exempt status for taxable businesses." At the end of the article is this fascinating quote:
    Lois Lerner, the IRS's director of tax-exempt organizations who is overseeing the investigation, says many schools are rethinking how and what they report to the government. Receiving a thick [COLOR=#11B000 !important]questionnaire[/COLOR] from the IRS, she says, is a "behavior changer."

Frey provides a timeline, noting the bragging took place months after the initiation of the targeting of conservatives and tea parties.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...#ixzz2YlUXxj4V

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Are we surprised to learn that Lois Lerner has a previous history of breaching IRS confidentiality?
    http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...eliana-johnson

I keep wondering why someone who says they have done nothing wrong insists on immunity before testifying?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

I’ve pasted the chart below. (Full disclosure: I’m a senior attorney on the ACLJ’s lawsuitagainst the United States and key IRS defendants on behalf of 41 conservative groups in 22 states)
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Latest is that the Committee is "moving toward" holding Lerner in contempt.

So what? Holder was held in contempt, and I don't see that it has meant anything at all. He's not in jail. He's continuing to run the DOJ as if nothing ever happened.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

Your chart says "through 2013." What a joke. They cherry pick a time frame when there was literally an avalanche of tea party groups starting up, and the contrast in numbers is supposed show outrageous the IRS behavior was. Having a crook like Issa in charge of the oversight committee is a complete joke.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Congressional hearings are jokes anyway. Just politicians jockeying for votes. No substance!