The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boy Scouts

Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    Umm...well I don't see sexual preferance as being the same as race. I don't think sex has anything to do with BSA. If you don't believe in the core values of an organization why would you want to join it, other than to fundamentally change what it is?

Tom
    Race and sexuality are similar in a very fundamental way in that neither are chosen, rather they are inescapable facts from birth. And as for core values; in my youth the BSC (I assume the same in the BSA) never taught Sex Ed. and sexual activity was never promoted let alone permitted, so what threat is there in accepting boys who are gay? It is not like they are going to convert anyone who wasn't going that way to begin with.
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    Race and sexuality are similar in a very fundamental way in that neither are chosen, rather they are inescapable facts from birth.
    Well, we are going to have to agree to disagree on that point. I do not believe race and sexual preferenace are the same. I do not believe people are born homosexual.

Tom
    Tom Wall

Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    Well, we are going to have to agree to disagree on that point. I do not believe race and sexual preferenace are the same. I do not believe people are born homosexual.

Tom
    It is not necessary for us to agree on the above matter, however on the second point I made:

"And as for core values; in my youth the BSC (I assume the same in the BSA) never taught Sex Ed. and sexual activity was never promoted let alone permitted, so what threat is there in accepting boys who are gay? It is not like they are going to convert anyone who wasn't going that way to begin with."

May we agree that owing to the fact the Boy Scout organization does not teach or promote or allow sexual activity within their program, that provided all the bodies in the change room are configured roughly the same, there should be little cause for embarrassment or concern?
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_C View Post
    Would is be Ok for them to prevent jewish and African American scouts as well? If not what is the difference.
    Race is not a choice. Lifestyle is

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

It is not necessary for us to agree on the above matter, however on the second point I made:

"And as for core values; in my youth the BSC (I assume the same in the BSA) never taught Sex Ed. and sexual activity was never promoted let alone permitted, so what threat is there in accepting boys who are gay? It is not like they are going to convert anyone who wasn't going that way to begin with."

May we agree that owing to the fact the Boy Scout organization does not teach or promote or allow sexual activity within their program, that provided all the bodies in the change room are configured roughly the same, there should be little cause for embarrassment or concern?
    Then why even make it an issue?
    Stan b & Elvis

Race and sexuality are similar in a very fundamental way in that neither are chosen, rather they are inescapable facts from birth.
    Not so. There is no gay gene. Can a White Male wake up and say, today, I'm going Black? Can an Asian wake up and say I will no longer be Asian, but will be European American. Nope and Nope.
    But a Homosexual can turn Heterosexual I've seen it. Flip Flopped too.

Gay is not the new Black. In fact it's highly insulting to say such.
    http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/...the-new-black/

Quote Originally Posted by RetrieverNation View Post
    Next will be the vote to add the Political Correctness Merit Badge and the Sexual Diversity Merit Badge unless they already have them.
    You mean like this one?

I have a question.

What's the justification for separating boys and girls b/c of their sexual implications(Enabler)
    but not separating homosexual boys and girls b/c of their sexual implications?

Is it not the same sexual implications for both?

A Coworker today said that he thought it would be like a Gay Dudes Gold Mine to be surrounded by those who he is sexually attracted to lol

I'm not sure about that but it is an interesting/intriguing thought.

/

I thought one of the core principles of the boy scouts was integrity. Seams to me that integrity and discrimination equals hypocrisy.
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

Have you ever attended a Bible studying class?

Was that class exclusive?

Just askin' ? JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by PamK View Post
    I thought one of the core principles of the boy scouts was integrity. Seams to me that integrity and discrimination equals hypocrisy.
    Part of the oath was "Duty to self" (taking care of your body), yet they have a bunch of fat kids in the local troop? Who knows, seems like they already voted that principle out.

JDogger, That's comparing apples and oranges! If you need further explaining I'll be glad to provide. Just sayin.