The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boy Scouts

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    JDogger, That's comparing apples and oranges! If you need further explaining I'll be glad to provide. Just sayin.
    Go for it... JD

PS my bird techs for the last two years for our HT were from the Philmont Scout Ranch in Cimarron, NM, all were Eagle Scout staff. That includes some girls. Were some gay? I don't know. We didn't ask. They did an outstanding job. As scouts always do.

They all seemed to like the dogs....
    Last edited by JDogger; 05-23-2013 at 11:57 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Its a private club, they should be able to have whatever rules they want regarding membership.
    If you dont like their rules dont join, or start your own club

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Then why even make it an issue?
    Well....

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Brilliant!

What exactly is the purpose of changing the Boy Scouts??
    Because some have made it so on this forum and I like to excersise my right to free speach and when everyone echoes the same thought over and over a different perspective is sometimes a welcome thing.

Now perhaps you replied to my post with a quote but were directing the question in a general way back on the BSC, if that is the case then you would have to enquire of the BSC BOD or other august body within their organization as to why they have chosen to make an issue out of inclusion of outwardly gay applicants for addmission to the Scouts.

If you are interested in my opinion as to why they have made an issue of it, I would just be speculating and that isn't worth anything to anyone. If you want to know if I support them? I do! Why?

Because even homosexual children need to feel they belong in organizations that are; exciting yet structured, providing experiences not found at home and are educational across a broad spectrum of personal and societal interactions. Because, their friends belong and they want to do what, and be where their friends are. Most importantly, they shouldn't be terrified that if they are accepted in Scouts, that one day some smart ash bully will make some stupid comment and the other kids pick up on it and give voice to something they thought all along might be so but it hadn't bothered them and the next thing you know, everyone is calling names and laughing.....and the adult in charge just gives the poor kid a stern look and says "we don't accept gays in scouts, it's againt the rules, you'll have to leave!"

Those of you who are saying race is so much different than sexual orientation are absolutely correct. You know your race and you know it's obvious to others, a homosexual child however, can hide their sexual orientation from their friends and even from their family and having hiden such an important self truth live in fear not of being discovered but of being scorned and ridiculed when they are. For those of you who think homosexuality is a selected "lifestyle" the best arguement I ever heard to that was by a gay man answering that in a radio interview, basically he said "who would ask to be gay in a world where you can still be beaten up just on the suspicion you might be gay....where family and friends will bannish you from their world if the truth comes out....where your job prospects can evaporate, if the truth comes out" No he said, no one makes the choice to be gay, they just are.
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

Kids don't just grow up Homosexual, no more than this kid would grow up to be a Man, (IF) the PARENTS wouldn't enable the child to be a girl.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/27/parents-of-transgender-6-year-old-raise-complaint-against-school-banning-child-from-using-girls-restroom/

"What's the problem"? The parents say. What's the problem? Your SON has a penis, not a vagina. So (HE) is NOT going to be allowed to use the Little Girls room!

These parents are afraid to say 'NO'.
    /

Same with this child who was adopted by two Homosexual Women who is now getting a sex change AT 11 YEARS OLD to become a Girl.
    http://freepatriot.org/2013/05/04/the-little-boy-with-lesbian-parents-who-started-a-sex-change/

Oh but the parents say they did not force that on the child. Yea, ok.

Thomas Lobel, who now calls himself Tammy, is undergoing controversial hormone blocking treatment in Berkeley, California to stop him going through puberty as a boy.

That's Child Abuse!

The problem? The problem is how much of ^THAT^ same type of encouragement, even if through parents simply not paying attention goes on behind closed doors in the homes of these so called Homosexual Children.

I know several homosexual men and women. If you do, you should ask them about their childhood. You'll be quite surprised to hear it wasn't all lovey dovey. It's almost exclusively dysfunctional, divorce, sexual abuse, Daddy didn't love me, Momma didn't pay attention, My parents barely talked to me and so and so forth,

I simply do not believe that a child is a Homosexual from birth and that they just grow up that way. Science also says different. No Major University yet has come out in support or put forth any prominent research on the Gay Gene. instead they now say, oh it maybe, could, possibly, just might, most likely is developed in the womb. Uh, that ain't Science Jack!

Project:
    -In a room full of 2 dozen cadavers, separate them all according to their Race.
    -Now, separate them Homosexual from Heterosexual.

Good Luck!

/
    Last edited by Dustin D; 05-24-2013 at 08:43 AM.

I don't care if they let gay kids in. I will say though that I doubt if it really matters to the average 10 or 11 year old kid either. Not too many of them even know anything about sexuality. This is about the left targeting tradional American institutions... One at a time, and trying to take them over or destroy them. Plain and simple.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I don't care if they let gay kids in. I will say though that I doubt if it really matters to the average 10 or 11 year old kid either. Not too many of them even know anything about sexuality. This is about the left targeting tradional American institutions... One at a time, and trying to take them over or destroy them. Plain and simple.
    Bill, they clearly know enough about sexuality to declare themselves a Homosexual. No?

I think there are several issues being addressed here. It has been mentioned that the BSA is a private organization, however; it benefits from tax-funding and this brings into account the same argument used last year with the birth control pill (obamacare) and the Catholic Church. The puzzling part to me is why would a homosexual want to participate in a group whose basic tenets preclude their participation. That is for instance if a child knows he is a homosexual at an early age as some RTF members believe the case. Furthermore, why would a parent want to subject their child to this situation in the first place. I'm almost positive that gays have been involved in the BSA prior to this recent decision just as our military had gays during "Don't Ask Don't Tell". It just might be me but I believe inclusivity only works in theory.

JDogger,
    I went back and read your comment regarding Bible study groups and exclusivity. Before I expand upon the comment I made last night please explain are you insinuating that religious groups are exclusive or referencing to the comment made about integrity coupled with discrimination being hypocritical?

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Its a private club, they should be able to have whatever rules they want regarding membership.
    If you dont like their rules dont join, or start your own club
    I agree100%! Forced integration is unconstitutional. Though I think everyone is entitled to the Rights granted to us by The Constitution like marriage, the Feds have no right in dictating association of private clubs.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Bill, they clearly know enough about sexuality to declare themselves a Homosexual. No?
    at 10 years old? I doubt it. I don't think there are many little 10 year olds running around declaring that one way or the other. Like I said, this is the adults. Maybe when they get a little older...
    Bill Davis