The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Boy Scouts

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    at 10 years old? I doubt it. I don't think there are many little 10 year olds running around declaring that one way or the other. Like I said, this is the adults. Maybe when they get a little older...

Well that's pretty much what they're saying b/c this policy was to change the Boy Scouts not the Scout Leaders, which will be next.

Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    May we agree that owing to the fact the Boy Scout organization does not teach or promote or allow sexual activity within their program, that provided all the bodies in the change room are configured roughly the same, there should be little cause for embarrassment or concern?
    See post #9.

Tom
    Tom Wall

Quote Originally Posted by PamK View Post
    I thought one of the core principles of the boy scouts was integrity. Seams to me that integrity and discrimination equals hypocrisy.
    Discrimination? Really? How are they discriminating?

Tom
    Tom Wall

I shouldn't chime in on this one....But Excluding gays goes completely against what the boy scouts stand for...it is that simple. If the orgnization continues a path of exclusion...it fails at its mission and that is to make young men leaders and men that can lead others of that differ in all aspects. Obviously homosexuality is not the norm, but we all have family and friends that are gay. Do you want an organization that is molding our youth to say you are not allowed.

I'm going to let you all in on a secret. Homosexuality is live and well on those scouting trips.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    .................................................. ......................................

I'm going to let you all in on a secret. Homosexuality is live and well on those scouting trips.
    That is not a secret !
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Sorry, start your own Gay Scouts of Anywhere you decide but leave the BSA alone! Then they can allow anyone that is in the closet, openly homosexual, homosexual scout leaders, same sex parents to become members with pride in their new organization. The Scout Motto, "I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the scout law." Not any reference to changing the scout law that I remember.
    I ignore stupidity unless you bring it to my attention!
    Crystal Coast Labradors

CCL Return To Sender
    N Sana Te

I have no problem with those that choose a gay lifestyle, got a couple of nephews that walk that side of the street..what does concern me is having young impressionable boys who are unsure of their sexuality being preyed upon by someone in a supervisory role...the pack lends itself enough to inner scrutiny from their peers, young men can be cruel with each other, I am also concerned with the safety of those who are too weak to stand up for themselves and the onslaught that may occur from their other members
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I think that you will find that pedophilia and homosexuality are not the same thing and that most pedophiles would be classified as heterosexual and, more importantly for this discussion, the vast majority of homosexuals are no more interested in children than the average heterosexual. At least openly gay folks aren't hiding their proclivities. I think it would be wrong for the government in any way to attempt to force the Scouts or any other private organization to open their ranks to ANY person or group of persons, but if the scouts vote to be more inclusive, that seems like that should also be their prerogative.
    Last edited by HPL; 05-25-2013 at 04:19 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I have no problem with those that choose a gay lifestyle, got a couple of nephews that walk that side of the street..what does concern me is having young impressionable boys who are unsure of their sexuality being preyed upon by someone in a supervisory role...the pack lends itself enough to inner scrutiny from their peers, young men can be cruel with each other, I am also concerned with the safety of those who are too weak to stand up for themselves and the onslaught that may occur from their other members

Besides... It's not really about this... It's about destroying "traditional" America... Any way possible. One step at a time. They have been after the BSA for a generation.

Pledge of Allegiance, Merry Christmas, Ten Commandments in the Public Square... All bad.

Teaching kids in grade school about same sex marriage, late term abortions, anything goes reality TV... All good.

Americans in Benghazi, no protection whatsoever... Left for dead. Chechen Muslims here in US, kill Americans, get health care, lawyer, Miranda Rights, and thousands of idiot girls fawning over him.

The world is upside down.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Exactly ! ...................................
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~