The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: Which of these products would you like to see improved upon first:

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Neoprene Vests

19 42.22%
  • Bumpers

8 17.78%
  • Training Jackets

9 20.00%
  • Dog Stands

9 20.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Enter phase 2: INNOVATION

Quote Originally Posted by Longgun View Post
    With so much movement in the front end I don't know how or if one should make vests tighter around the legs/shoulder area. I wouldn't want to impeed their front legs and putting little legs with elastic around them could cut some of the circulation to the front legs. Any where you have movement you need room.
    deb
    this is how I was thinking. Poofy little sleves like the classic minni pearl dress.
    Yes, I had to hold the rabbit ears so Dad could watch the hee haw.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

None listed

what needs to be reinvented IMHO is the remote launcher to compete with Thunder & Bumper Boy...these two companies have use by the u know what & they know it....both have there good points and both have some very troubling / frustrating points. I do believe if another company was to introduce some type of similar product it would be good for all involved.....

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shafer View Post
    None listed

what needs to be reinvented IMHO is the remote launcher to compete with Thunder & Bumper Boy...these two companies have use by the u know what & they know it....both have there good points and both have some very troubling / frustrating points. I do believe if another company was to introduce some type of similar product it would be good for all involved.....
    Along the lines with what Scott said, there would seem to be a very open market for Bumper Boy replacement bumpers at the moment! Design something with the weight and flight characteristics of the (now) unavailable BB Bumpers and I think you would have a market.

Reference the thread in the Product Review Forum
    Wildlife and Outdoor Photography

http://www.ericrutherford.net

Great feedback Scott & Mountain Duck... I'd agree with your comments. For now, (the next year or 2) I'm going to stay away from electronics... For several reasons that we could discuss over a beer at some point. It's an area in the industry that needs attention!

Thanks again for the feedback!
    Bob Owens
    President- Lone Duck Outfitters
    "Sharing Your Passion For The Unspoken Bond"
    www.loneduckoutfitters.com

Quote Originally Posted by BobOwens View Post
    Great feedback Scott & Mountain Duck... I'd agree with your comments. For now, (the next year or 2) I'm going to stay away from electronics... For several reasons that we could discuss over a beer at some point. It's an area in the industry that needs attention!

Just to clarify, I'm just talking about replacement bumpers for existing launchers. I would imagine the electronic side would be quite the undertaking.

What someone needs to design, is a winger that would throw a mallard similar to a hand thrown, but also had a 12 gauge popper (or MAPP gas) that could be fired prior to launch. Most launchers/wingers are "distance limited" due to speed of throw, and arrival of the sound at the line.
    Wildlife and Outdoor Photography

http://www.ericrutherford.net

I'd add boat ladder that the dog can get back on board themselves, I just got one a light-weight foldable-plank style (best reviews), it's adjustable, it works but it Stinks. It's got twist nuts for adjustment, you need a wrench to adjust, there's no holes so pieces can still slide and fall off. Little squeeze bolts like on adjustable tables or push pins would be much easier. The hooking mechanism-handles only works on very thin boats. Also while it has holes for grip-drainage they don't really work, dogs slip nothing to grab on too- they end up clawing the boat side, little ridges akin to dock planks would be better. I assume I'll be adjusting and fixing the new ramp to work for my larger boat until duck season. Good Idea needs improvement.

For the vest one that actually fits, doesn't rip, I prefer the Kevlar chest piece, and a lifting handle that doesn't tear off after one use
    Last edited by Hunt'EmUp; 05-28-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast)
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    SHR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

@ Mountain Duck- I agree about the electronics side, but also, I could run into patent issues with the bumpers. A little bit of help from my patent attorney could fix that issue. I'll put it on the list of things to take to the next level- Same with the wingers!

@HuntEMup- The vest sizing and durability are my key targets when improving the current market,. When the finished product is out, I want our community to buy one... and only need one! It's an undertaking but we're up for the challenge. The ladders are a great idea as well.

If you both are ok with joining our survey, email me at info@loneduckoutfitters.com I'll add you to the survey list. About 10-15 questions to help us improve what we all use! Thank you
    Bob Owens

Bob

I'm not talking about electronics Lord knows there's enough of them out there all ready plus i dont need another reciever hanging around my neck...... Tri-Tronics and dogtra have a pretty good grasp on the concept......
    I'm referring to the actual bumper throwing devices themselves Using said electronic's. Now by just selling the bumper throwing devise u can keep the cost down I would think......

Scott, do you mean sling-shot style or the bumper boy style?

Side note: I'll be at the Baldwinsville Hunt test in July, I'll introduce myself if I see you
    Bob Owens

Scott, do you mean sling-shot style or the bumper boy style?

Side note: I'll be at the Baldwinsville Hunt test in July, I'll introduce myself if I see you

bumper boy / thunder launchers style