The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Einstein collar

Default Einstein collar

Came across this the other day, while looking for a new 2-dog system. Has anyone tried the new Einstein e-collar?
    "If the dawg ain't havin' fun, I ain't havin' fun."

Blackkettle's Maximum Overdrive, JH - "O.D." - 1/30/11 -
    Blackkettle's Save the Last Dance for Me - "Tango" - 3/10/10
    Cottonwood Mallard Hauler, SH - "Moose" - 3/8/99 to 11/20/10

Quote Originally Posted by Ken McNutt View Post
    Came across this the other day, while looking for a new 2-dog system. Has anyone tried the new Einstein e-collar?
    Is this like the tone on the Dogtra collar? You first have to teach the command simultaneous w/tone to the dog. Bit more to teaching so the dog understands what you want. Certainly worthwhile if you prefer to use no Ecollar. The Ecollar is more straightforward to teach. IMO
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Ken McNutt View Post
    I have one. I like it. It seems very reliable; its power doesn't fade with the batteries, so it's consistent; it fits in my hands well; the dial locks; the momentary is momentary, and the continuous is sensitive/accurate; the transmitter is supposed to float, though I haven't tried it out and don't really plan to. The hot is probably way way way too hot for any creature, but I'm a softee and not ashamed to admit it, so others may feel different.

I don't know that I like it more than I would like a new TT, but since I was able to acquire this, it's been very good.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

I am dealer for them. I use the WF-1200-TS with my Labs. I like the ability to choose either nick with a boost or constant with a boost or nick and constant. It also has Vibration mode that pulses. It has a light on the collar that is controlled by the transmitter. the battery life has been unbelievable at this time. I use it everyday on 4-6 dogs and charge it on the 5th or 7th day. I have used other brands, but for the money, this is the best.