The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You can take a girl.... (GDG)

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

Default You can take a girl.... (GDG)

You can take a girl out of Missouri and move her to Utah, and then go with her to "Eat At Joe's" crab house and have the time of your life as you watch her try to figure out how to eat a whole lobster and snow crab!! ROFL!!!

After judging for Wasatch Retriever Club for the past 4 days, KC Owens and I went to Cabela's and then to Eat At Joe's for dinner. I had a good laugh watching this "land lover" try to figure out how to eat a whole lobster and crack open crab legs!! Just goes to show that you've got to love lobster and crab legs and have plenty of time to sit and "pick" the meat out of them!! Our waitress even sent over the manager to show KC how to crack and eat the crab legs!!

I don't know if KC and I will ever be allowed back in "Joe's". Here's why...since I had a rental car and it got quite dirty over the past 5 days driving around the test grounds, I went to the local "do it yourself" car wash to spray off the dirt/dust and make sure there were no scratches. I only had a $20 bill. There was a change machine there that would accept $20 bills. It had a sign saying that the "change" on a $20 would be 3 $5.00 bills and $5.00 in quarters. Well, the stupid machine spewed out $20 ... ALL IN QUARTERS!!!. After washing off the rental car, I had $13.50 in quarters left in my pocket. I told KC about it and told her I was going to be paying for everything in quarters if we went anywhere so I wouldn't have all that change on me for my flight home.

When we got to "Joe's", the waitress was so friendly and started joking around with us. When she told us that we were to put our shells in this bucket on the table, somehow it got around to that she would search the bottom of the bucket, under all the shells, to find a surprise. After the waitress left to get our food, KC (yes, I'm blaming it all on her) said "You want to get rid of those quarters, don't you?" LOL Yep, that's right, we put The $13.50 in quarters in the bottom of the bucket and they got all covered up with shells as we ate our dinners!! Before leaving, the manager had come over to our table and we told him what we had done. He laughed and said he would make sure that our waitress knew that she needed to look under the shells for her surprise!! I told the Hostess and another waitress about it and they thought it was hilarious and couldn't wait to have a good time teasing our waitress about it!!

Word to the wise and future judges at Wasatch Retriever Club....if you go out to dinner with KC Owens....go to a STEAK HOUSE, not a seafood restaurant!! LOL
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

Sounds like it's a good thing you weren't trying to teach her how to eat some sweet Maryland Blue Crabs!
    Mike Tome
    Duckdog's Fast Autofocus
    GMHRCH-III WR North Star's Deuce of Diamonds

MHR WR Pondview's Bar None 1994-2006

Duckdogphotography.smugmug.com

I dunno Vicky, I sat at a table in a steakhouse with KC at the head and about 14 other hunt test participants around the table. I think more laughing was done than eating. I never had such a rollicking good time with so many people telling stories and laughing out loud. And it was a "Dry" restaurant!
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

DANG RIGHT we are going to a steakhouse. Being a T1 I had to exude a lot of energy to get very little food! Good thing I didnt take any insulin! I dont think you will get me anywhere NEAR ANY SEAFOOD for a very long time...my bathroom is not ever gonna be the same! I was sick..not sure if it was food poisoning or what but was VERY MISERABLE!
    Arrow's Cappucino Express MH "Hooter" deceased
    Fetch Express Locomotion RN MH
    Fetch Express Smokey Owl CD RN MH Therapy Dog and Diabetic Aert Dog
    Fetch Express Bravo Zula SH RN NAJ CDX Therapy Dog and Diabetic Alert Dog.

Had lots of good dogs but when one saves your life it is a whole different ballgame!

Carol.......

Who needs alcohol to laugh hard! HAHAHAHA

Had lots of good dogs but when one saves your life it is a whole different ballgame!

PS Vicky when you take me to places where they are talking about Pine nuts (What are those anyhow?)
    and how opening crab shells is like artichokes (like I am gonna eat that) what do you expect!

Always a great time hanging out with KC!
    TRAVIS SKEEN

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky Trainor View Post
    ..... I told the Hostess and another waitress about it and they thought it was hilarious and couldn't wait to have a good time teasing our waitress about it!!
    maybe they knew how way back coins under the scraps was
    a way to show the server could have done a better job.
    I do hope you left her a few bills on the table as well.
    Sorry to hear of the illness. Seafood sick sucks
    how far is Utah from the ocean?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    maybe they knew how way back coins under the scraps was
    a way to show the server could have done a better job.
    I do hope you left her a few bills on the table as well.
    Sorry to hear of the illness. Seafood sick sucks
    how far is Utah from the ocean?
    Utah is a Long ways from the ocean!! I think a 25 percent tip on top of the table made the other 15 percent even more worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by FetchExpress View Post
    ... I think a 25 percent tip on top of the table made the other 15 percent even more worth it!
    that is good to hear. I hope she took it all in good fun.
    still blows my mind Utah has a seafood place
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin