The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Training in Knoxville, TN

Default Training in Knoxville, TN

Hey guys...I've got a 9.5 month old YLM I've been working with and am trying to find some places to throw marks. To this point, I've been using the outfield of a baseball field in a local park for yardwork and stand alone singles. With summer rolling around, it's getting harder and harder to find a time when the ball field is not in use for little league and softball games. I also get out routinely on Fridays and Saturdays, and Sundays when possible, with a training group that lives about 40 minutes away. On the weekends, my dog is exposed to marks in heavier cover, etc...

My problem is living in Knoxville, I'm very limited as far as grounds in this area I have access to train on. I can't make it out with the group I train with on the weekends through the week due to getting home from work late in the evening Mon-Thurs. Does anybody on here train in this area, or know of some grounds that might be available to use in the evenings through the week? I'm getting ready to join The East Tennessee Retriever Club, and I'm hoping I can meet some other trainers in the Knoxville area to train with. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Tyler Lloyd
    "The art of dog training is to read your dog, analyze the situation, and make the right call." - Mike Lardy

Tyler I have a great place almost exactly between my house and yours. I will text you tomorrow and you can come with me and Gina. Has a little water too

Danny