The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holder meeting with the press

I found this shedding more light on the underlying issue ... WRT why Holder didn't actually need to get Rosen's records: he already knew who the leaker was, so there was no reason to go after Rosen's records. That would have been the only valid reason ... if that was a valid reason ... to need Rosen's records, i.e. to find the party who had perp'ed a criminal act.

The affidavit for the warrant precisely cites and quotes the Act, codified at 18 U.S.C. Sec. 1793, as the law Rosen is accused of violating as an “aider, abettor, or co-conspirator.”
    The whole purpose of these investigations is to identify the leaker. Holder already knew who that was. Stephen Kim is named repeatedly in the affidavit for the warrant as the State Department employee who leaked the information to Rosen. This explains why two judges denied the warrant during Holder’s judge-shopping spree.

I keep thinking of the fact that Holder is in contempt of Congress for his refusal to comply with requests regarding F&F. Exactly what is supposed to be the penalty atttached to that? There has been none that I can tell.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Gerry,
    I have been wondering all along why the DOJ issued a subpoena to go after Rosen's records when they already knew who the leaker was (Kim) and that Kim had leaked his info to Rosen. It seems to me it was done purposely as a fishing expedition to find out who Rosen's other contacts were and what was being said. Remember... the DOJ did not just go after the telephone numbers of Rosen's contacts, they also got his emails.

Helen

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    Gerry,
    I have been wondering all along why the DOJ issued a subpoena to go after Rosen's records when they already knew who the leaker was (Kim) and that Kim had leaked his info to Rosen. It seems to me it was done purposely as a fishing expedition to find out who Rosen's other contacts were and what was being said. Remember... the DOJ did not just go after the telephone numbers of Rosen's contacts, they also got his emails.

Helen
    Yes, the administration would have known back then that there were skeletons to be unearthed, and this gave them a way to collect info that they might have use for ... since Fox is one of the media that the administration has on their enemies list.

Back in 2010 (I believe that's when this took place originally), they already had dirty laundry piling up, even though most of us weren't aware of it yet. Based on the thuggery these particular people have used in the past, they might have also been looking for some "dirt" to stow away for an appropriate time when they needed to "discredit" someone.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I am wondering what other subpoenas were granted and what other journalists (or others) have been spied upon.
    Don's girls:
    FC AFC Flyway's Ruby B. Gonia - a Carbon daughter and now a grandma (my avatar)
    AFC Flyway's Long Tall Sally - Ruby's daughter
    Flyway's Iron Lady (Maggie) - Ruby's granddaughter. Maggie's the new puppy in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    I am wondering what other subpoenas were granted and what other journalists (or others) have been spied upon.
    Any such legal documents have probably been "misfiled"

I didn't realize how many media outlets turned down the off-the-record meeting:
    CNN
    CBS News
    Fox News
    The New York Times
    Associated Press
    Huffington Post
    McClatchy

I was surprised at CBS since the CEO has a family connection to the WH staff. Huff Post is also kind of a surprise.

McClatchy DC Bureau Chief said:
    “If the government wants to justify its pursuit of journalists, they ought to do it in public.”

I'm afraid I'm getting to be a conspiracy theorist. Huff Post & CBS have always been in Obama's throng, so I'm wondering if they have some skeletons buried that might come to light in an in-depth investigation of Holder's DOJ. Whereas, if Holder resigns, the investigation will not go as deep? Maybe Huff & CBS have some skeletons in their closets & fear that Holder will come after them in the future; or threaten to expose some wrongdoing? (as Holder is fond of prosecutorial discretion)
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com