The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holder ... do not offend Muslims

Default Holder ... do not offend Muslims

In its latest effort to protect followers of Islam in the U.S. the Obama Justice Department warns against using social media to spread information considered inflammatory against Muslims, threatening that it could constitute a violation of civil rights.

The move comes a few years after the administration became the first in history to dispatch a U.S. Attorney General to personally reassure Muslims that the Department of Justice (DOJ) is dedicated to protecting them. In the unprecedented event, Attorney General Eric Holder assured a San Francisco-based organization (Muslim Advocates) that urges members not to cooperate in federal terrorism investigations that the “us versus them” environment created by the U.S. government, law enforcement agents and fellow citizens is unacceptable and inconsistent with what America is all about.

“Muslims and Arab Americans have helped build and strengthen our nation,” Holder said after expressing that he is “grateful” to have Muslims as a partner in promoting tolerance, ensuring public safety and protecting civil rights. He also vowed to strengthen “crucial dialogue” between Muslim and Arab-American communities and law enforcement.

Evidently that was a precursor of sorts for an upcoming Tennessee event (“Public Disclosure in a Diverse Society”) that will feature the region’s top DOJ official, who serves as U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Tennessee, and an FBI representative. The goal is to increase awareness and understanding that American Muslims are not the terrorists some have made them out to be in social media and other circles, according to a local newspaper report. The June 4 powwow is sponsored by the American Muslim Advisory Council of Tennessee.

The area’s top federal prosecutor, Bill Killian, will address a topic that most Americans are likely unfamiliar with, even those well versed on the Constitution; that federal civil rights laws can actually be violated by those who post inflammatory documents aimed at Muslims on social media. “This is an educational effort with civil rights laws as they play into freedom of religion and exercising freedom of religion,” Killian says in the local news story. “This is also to inform the public what federal laws are in effect and what the consequences are.”
    http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/20...-civil-rights/
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

if i can no longer post inflammatory "documents aimed at muslims", my time enjoying rtf potus has ended. i enjoyed my time with each of you.

it is a good thing neither bill or franco are muslims. the way those two talk to each other they could be violating civil rights laws!
    john mccallie

Present laws rule out "incitement" against a group ... but what does it mean to "hurt your feelings"? Will this apply equally to other religious groups?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

We are being slowly neutered by our government...they are trying to turn us all into a bunch of pansy asses ,that wont have an opinion unless they OK it first. This is just one more example.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

What happened to freedom of speech/!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

It won't effect me. I'll continue to warn all about the Jihadists and other towelheads, and their 'religion of hate'. Their avowed destiny is to kill all of us Americans that don't bow to their way of life. We are the infidels in their eyes, and only when the members of a few of those glorious mosques that some of you unfortunate cities have to deal with, stand up in unison and condemn their radical sect of that religion, will I cut them some slack.

And please stop throwing up the Christian barbarians. We have graduated from that time in history. The huge majority of muslims are still living in the 17th century. They are so brainwashed in their ways, they are almost worse than a Democrat, ....another group I will continue to rail against. heh,heh,heh,heh

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Here's another view of our planet. UB

The following is a copy of an article written by Spanish writer Sebastian Vilar Rodrigez and published in a Spanish newspaper on January 15, 2011.

THIS WAS IN A SPANISH NEWSPAPER:

"EUROPEAN LIFE DIED IN AUSCHWITZ"

By Sebastian Vilar Rodrigez

"I walked down the street in Barcelona and suddenly discovered a terrible truth - Europe died in Auschwitz ... We killed six million Jews and replaced them with 20 million Muslims. In Auschwitz we burned a culture, thought, creativity, talent. We destroyed the chosen people, truly chosen, because they produced great and wonderful people who changed the world.

These are the people we burned.

And under the pretence of tolerance, and because we wanted to prove to ourselves that we were cured of the disease of racism, we opened our gates to 20 million Muslims, who brought us stupidity and ignorance, religious extremism and lack of tolerance, crime and poverty, due to an unwillingness to work and support their families with pride.

They have blown up our trains and turned our beautiful Spanish cities into the third world, drowning in filth and crime. Shut up in the apartments they receive free from the government, they plan the murder and destruction of their naive hosts.

And thus, in our misery, we have exchanged culture for fanatical hatred, creative skill for destructive skill, intelligence for backwardness and superstition. We have exchanged the pursuit of peace of the Jews of Europe and their talent for a better future for their children, their determined clinging to life because life is holy, for those who pursue death, for people consumed by the desire for death for themselves and others, for our children and theirs.

What a terrible mistake was made by miserable Europe.

A lot of Americans have become so insulated from reality that they imagine America can suffer defeat without any inconvenience to themselves. Recently, the UK debated whether to remove The Holocaust from its school curriculum because it 'offends' the Muslim population which claims it never occurred. It is not removed as yet. However, this is a frightening portent of the fear that is gripping the world and how easily each country is giving in to it.

It is now more than sixty years after the Second World War in Europe ended. This e-mail is being sent as a memorial chain, in memory of the six million Jews, twenty million Russians, ten million Christians, and nineteen-hundred Catholic priests who were 'murdered, raped, burned, starved, beaten, experimented on and humiliated.' Now, more than ever, with Iran, among others, claiming the Holocaust to be 'a myth', it is imperative to make sure the world never forgets.

This e-mail is intended to reach 400 million people. Be a link in the memorial chain and help distribute this around the world.

How many years will it be before the attack on the World Trade Center 'NEVER HAPPENED' because it offends some Muslim in the United States? If our Judeo-Christian heritage is offensive to Muslims, they should pack up and move to Iran, Iraq, or some other Muslim country.

Please do not just delete this message; it will take only a minute to pass this along. We must wake up before it's too late

When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Why is Holder still Attorney general, was found in contempt of Congress over the Fast and Furious hearing? Is contempt of Congress no more than no (nick) no?
    I ignore stupidity unless you bring it to my attention!
    Crystal Coast Labradors

CCL Return To Sender
    N Sana Te

I'm sure that Muslims and Arab-Americans have helped build and strengthen our nation but I'm having a hard time understanding exactly what it is that they have contributed to this cause. I realize this can be said about the contributions of individuals but I'm struggling with what exactly they have done as a whole. Can someone explain?

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    I'm sure that Muslims and Arab-Americans have helped build and strengthen our nation but I'm having a hard time understanding exactly what it is that they have contributed to this cause. I realize this can be said about the contributions of individuals but I'm struggling with what exactly they have done as a whole. Can someone explain?
    coach,
    owning and operating small privately held motels and leasing and operating conv. stores is a signigicant contribution?
    john mccallie