The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Holder ... do not offend Muslims

I think you need to read my post again. I didn't say that individuals haven't contributed to our country I referred to muslim and Arab-Americans as a whole. I think making broad general statements like muslims and Arab-Americans have helped build America is a bit of a stretch in my thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    I think you need to read my post again. I didn't say that individuals haven't contributed to our country I referred to muslim and Arab-Americans as a whole. I think making broad general statements like muslims and Arab-Americans have helped build America is a bit of a stretch in my thinking.
    Excuse me, Coach. Your remarks certainly can be taken that no one from those groups ever contributed to America. In your case the exceptions destroy the rule.

We have seen this brand of Nativeism going back to the No Nothing Party and the American Party of the 1850's which was formed in an attempt to curtail Irish and German immigrants, as well as Catholics. Yet those groups went on to do yeoman's work in making America a strong and prosperous country. Today the Nativeists single out Arabs and Muslims for exclusion.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 06-04-2013 at 09:55 AM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Excuse me, Coach. Your remarks certainly can be taken that no one from those groups ever contributed to America. In your case the exceptions destroy the rule.

We have seen this brand of Nativeism going back to the No Nothing Party and the American Party of the 1850's which was formed in an attempt to curtail Irish and German immigrants, as well as Catholics. Yet those groups went on to do yeoman's work in making America a strong and prosperous country. Only today the Nativeists single out Arabs and Muslims for exclusion.
    I can think of 19 or 20 I would have liked to exclude.

image.jpg
    Last edited by huntinman; 06-04-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    Bill Davis

Zeus, did you even read the original post? If peace-loving muslim terrorists weren't going around the world flying planes into building, cutting people's heads off, raping reporters, setting of explosives, etc., etc., etc. we wouldn't even be having this discussion and you could turn your chest-beating, sanctimonious, I'm here for the downtrodden, self-appointed savior of the poor rhetoric towards saving other worthy groups like the 99%ers or PETA or whatever left-wing organization "flavor of the day" you feel needs your attention.

Have fun saving the world. As for PETA, they can take the Rocky Road to the Great Furnace down below.

But then you can look some of our Irish brethren. They bomb shopping malls, rocket parliaments, shoot cops and British troopers, execute informers, and blow up yachts. They are fervent in their religious convictions and will kill each other over it. They drink, fight, and gamble. They are superstitious to boot. Do you wish to exclude then too? The difference is in your filter, Coach.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 06-04-2013 at 11:46 AM.
    Zeus

The difference is our Justice Dept. isn't making outlandish claims to support or protect them solely based on their religious beliefs or their heritage. My filter is if you're an American then you're an American. If you're not then you're not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are an American when you are support equal opportunity for all. If that is not happening in the great United States, then it behooves somebody to do something about it. I don't expect you will advocate for that. Am I right?
    Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    John (Roseberry) stated he outsourced jobs. That is a sell out, just as is selling a person into slavery. Terri
    terri,
    outsourcing jobs is something i do everyday. if i do not do the work my self, with my own hands, i consider the work outsourced. i do outsource to which ever option provides the greatest value proposition to my customers, my investors and me as a matter of economic principle. (value = cost : percieved quality). my customers and investors have always valued my cmtmnt to principle.

as to slavery if you will permit i will tell a story. i once was forced to consolidate and close a ~1,000 employee call center. because of my fiduciary duty to my shareholders i considered this action an economic necessity. i personally struggled and lost sleep for months over the decision. i went in and conducted ten meetings with every employee on every shift in a single day. i had orchestrated out placement counseling, unemployment benefit training, job search and resume' services, employee benefit continuation and subsequent cobra, six weeks notice of the closing, retention bonuses for "key personel" and six months severence pay for all.

as i delivered the news at the first meeting of 200 people, my stomach was tied in knots. but it was my decision and my news to deliver. i conducted this session in a caring and empathetic fashion(i am gifted with that you know). at the conclusion i recieved a standing ovation from the staff! i was shocked. i got a standing -o- from eight of ten meetings that day. the midnight shift was always asleep or they woulda felt the same i am sure.

i was viewed as a liberator, loved and admired by all (but a few).

i think you need to get out a little more often if you consider outsourcing slavery terri.
    john mccallie

So what's your point or question, Zeus? I realize we have ventured off topic here but I'm curious as to the meaning of your last post. Are you implying that I'm not an American? not supporting equal opportunities for all? I'm only concerned what happens in America? I support war to right the wrongs and ills throughout the world? I don't support war throughout the world? I lack compassion for others that differ from me? Your post conjures up plenty of possible questions which I'm not really going to "bite" on without further explanation. I wouldn't want to give you the satisfaction of a "gotcha" moment.

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    terri,
    outsourcing jobs is something i do everyday. if i do not do the work my self, with my own hands, i consider the work outsourced. i do outsource to which ever option provides the greatest value proposition to my customers, my investors and me as a matter of economic principle. (value = cost : percieved quality). my customers and investors have always valued my cmtmnt to principle.

as to slavery if you will permit i will tell a story. i once was forced to consolidate and close a ~1,000 employee call center. because of my fiduciary duty to my shareholders i considered this action an economic necessity. i personally struggled and lost sleep for months over the decision. i went in and conducted ten meetings with every employee on every shift in a single day. i had orchestrated out placement counseling, unemployment benefit training, job search and resume' services, employee benefit continuation and subsequent cobra, six weeks notice of the closing, retention bonuses for "key personel" and six months severence pay for all.

as i delivered the news at the first meeting of 200 people, my stomach was tied in knots. but it was my decision and my news to deliver. i conducted this session in a caring and empathetic fashion(i am gifted with that you know). at the conclusion i recieved a standing ovation from the staff! i was shocked. i got a standing -o- from eight of ten meetings that day. the midnight shift was always asleep or they woulda felt the same i am sure.

i was viewed as a liberator, loved and admired by all (but a few).

i think you need to get out a little more often if you consider outsourcing slavery terri.
    You must have had Lonnie loosen them up with his tale of woe from the Grand
    Bill Davis