The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holder ... do not offend Muslims

John, since you put your post in question form I will answer with a resounding no! I was being somewhat rhetorical with my comment. I should have been clearer. In my mind serving as a customer service telephone representative in a foreign country for everything from cell phones to student loans doesn't really qualify as strengthening the U.S.A.!!!! It sure the hell isn't building anything. This is no joke, I called Sallie Mae last week to pay off one of my daughter's student loans and the person I spoke with could barely understand me and vice-versa. I didn't realize our federal government was outsourcing jobs for phone operators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by coachmo; 06-03-2013 at 02:59 PM.

I'm new to the forum but had to add on here. This is just another opportunity for the government to take our rights. I served in the navy and I'm very proud of my service and love this country. But I've had about enough of this crap.. I hate this government, everything they stand for. They have rights sure, but I also have the right to say whatever I want. If they don't like it then don't listen to it. Everyone wants to get hurt feelings and offended over anything. Just because some raghead with a visa gave birth to a child here doesn't mean they're American in my book. If you want to be American then act like it. I don't have a problem with their religious choice, but a problem them expecting us to change so they feel more welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardhunter View Post
    I'm new to the forum but had to add on here. This is just another opportunity for the government to take our rights. I served in the navy and I'm very proud of my service and love this country. But I've had about enough of this crap.. I hate this government, everything they stand for. They have rights sure, but I also have the right to say whatever I want. If they don't like it then don't listen to it. Everyone wants to get hurt feelings and offended over anything. Just because some raghead with a visa gave birth to a child here doesn't mean they're American in my book. If you want to be American then act like it. I don't have a problem with their religious choice, but a problem them expecting us to change so they feel more welcome.
    "Right On !" .....................

P.S. Welcome to the forum.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardhunter View Post
    I can't argue that sentiment at all. My grandparents came from Denmark and insisted that my Mom and all her brothers and sisters speak english and become part of the Highmore SD community. It was stressed so much, that only the 3 or 4 oldest learned any Danish and my grandparents became quite fluent in english. ( until I would take a pastry off the counter. Then I heard a lot of Danish )

I am bothered by anyone who comes here and wants to change things because they are uncomforable. Intentionally hurting someone or insulting them is not acceptable, but our, the US culture has to come first. If not, there goes Honey Boo Boo.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

roseberry and coachmo, do you guys know the difference between an Arab and a east Indian? From your post I would say, no.

Terri

Terri, please enlighten me!

Coachmo, did you ask the person if they were Arab? More and more companies are contracting out work to India. The reason is because the people speak English, college educated , and will work for pennies. Most Arabs I have met in this country are doctors. Being Arab does not mean you are Muslim. There are Christian Arabs and Jewish Arabs as well. Many gas stations and motels in this countries are also owned by Indians. I find it hard to believe that you could tell the difference between different ethnic groups by listening or even looking at a person if you have not spent any time with people from these groups. Your generalizations made me question you so maybe you should enlighten me.

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    I'm sure that Muslims and Arab-Americans have helped build and strengthen our nation but I'm having a hard time understanding exactly what it is that they have contributed to this cause. I realize this can be said about the contributions of individuals but I'm struggling with what exactly they have done as a whole. Can someone explain?

Here you go Coach:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_Muslims

As for Arab -Americans, a lot of us listened to Kemal Amin "Casey" Kasem's top 40. Dannt thomas was a famous Arab American entertainer from my home county and he founded the St.Joseph's Children's Hospital. Rep. Darrell Issa is a Arab American conservative tea party backer. ( Issa is Jesus in Arabic.)

Here is a partial list of famous Arab Americans:
    http://www.aaiusa.org/pages/famous-arab-americans/
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    I can't argue that sentiment at all. My grandparents came from Denmark and insisted that my Mom and all her brothers and sisters speak english and become part of the Highmore SD community. It was stressed so much, that only the 3 or 4 oldest learned any Danish and my grandparents became quite fluent in english. ( until I would take a pastry off the counter. Then I heard a lot of Danish )

I am bothered by anyone who comes here and wants to change things because they are uncomforable. Intentionally hurting someone or insulting them is not acceptable, but our, the US culture has to come first. If not, there goes Honey Boo Boo.
    Hmmm I guess that is what is meant by Danish pastries.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

I was actually making a point that I called to pay off a student loan that was made with the United States Dept. of Education and spoke to what appeared to be a foreigner. Again, Zeus that's specific individuals not Muslims and Arab Americans in general that helped BUILD America. I guess we could list all of the accomplishments of the Irish, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, French, Spanish, Canadian, Mexican, Australian, African and all the other country names that can be placed in front of America to separate individuals by cultures. I'm sure the Arab Americans contributions would pale in comparison to most. Sorta like the how much the Jamaican bobsled contributed to building Jamaica.
    Last edited by coachmo; 06-03-2013 at 09:29 PM.