The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Holder ... do not offend Muslims

Coachmo, I assumed you thought the person on the phone was Arab based on the things you posted in #9 and #11. I asked you how do you tell the difference? I was fact finding. Again as to group contributions I'm against recognizing any group of people for the great things that have made this country, but one group- Americans. Once some one leaves another country for this country they are either here to make this country great because they want to be an American or they come here trying to transform this country into the country they left behind, which would make them un- American. I do not care about their past residents, now they need to feel American in order to behave American. Drop the label before American and just be American.

Terri

John (Roseberry), Coachmo was the one who had a problem with the government outsourcing jobs. I tried to explain to him the reason = cheap labor. I do not really see a difference between hiring illegals and outsourcing jobs to other countries when it comes to taking jobs away from Americans. As a private company you are within your legal rights to outsource, where as a company who hires illegals is violating the law. I guess the government also has the right to outsource to other countries, but I really do not see the cost benefit to such actions. Maybe I should not have compared slavery to outsourcing , since people can get lost as to the point. I guess my point is to recognize the party(person/s) causing you stress and not to direct it in one direction when there is blame that can be shared by many.

Your employees who were informed of their future job lost must have been in need of a vacation and/or wanting to be part of the governments big handouts for people who lost their jobs. More government dependents, how exciting.

Terri

Terri

Terri, you have made several points in your last 2 posts that I will try to address in a way that will be easy to follow. 1st point: In post #9 I made a reference to our federal government possibly outsourcing jobs. This action seems very hypocritical to me in our current economy situation where private corporations are cast as evil villains for doing likewise. Also how can outsourcing jobs to muslims strengthen our country? I'm real interested in your views on this one. 2nd point concerning post #11 see 1st point. 3rd point I gave credit to individuals of both muslim and Arab-American descent credit for helping our country. I in no way mentioned what nationality the phone operator was and only that it appeared he was possibly foreign. 4th and final point regarding post #43, thanks for your concern, however; I don't need you explaining to me the reason our government would possibly outsource jobs. Furthermore, you somewhat contradict yourself by inferring that it is sound business practice to outsource because it equals cheap labor and then you state it's the same as hiring illegals and taking jobs away from Americans. Then you bash the private companies for doing the same. What gives you can't have it both ways? You lost me on your comment on recognizing the party (person's) causing you stress and not to direct it in one direction when there is blame that can be shared by many. Huh?????????????????????????????????????????

terri,
    we have found a point of agreement. i also feel that as a small business man(no longer a big business man), i should NEVER hire an illegal allien!

you consider it proper that i and other businessmen should be fined and prosecuted by our governments for hiring an undocumented workers. i understand your position.

but i say.....i live and operate my business in alabama, tennessee and north georgia. i am 2,000 miles from the nearest mexican border, roughly the same to any point in canada and about 1,600 to key west. i love and trust my federal government to do its job. as such, being this far from all points of illegal entry i contend that any good ol' boy of any nationality who approaches me and asks me for a job would have certainly been aprehended by some of our many tax payer funded authorities long before he ever got to scottsboro, alabama. why should i be called on to verify documents for the government? why should i be the border police? why should i need another employee just to ensure all my workers are legal and file necessary documentation? heck some days all i want to do is put on a new storm door for someone's granny on a fixed income and i got people like you breathing down my neck for doing the wrong thing!

i say from where i stand if an illegal allien approaches me and asks for a job and i give him one.........the head of immigration, homeland security, border patrol and every sherrif between here and the border owes me a dang apology. further more i think i should get a $5,000 per day tax credit for everyday these lame do nothings, through their inability to police our borders, allowed him work for me illegally before they caught him.(instead of a fine)

pass that legislation and see if they get it under control. why would a govt b'crat do a job they could fine a hard working American into doing for them!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    So what's your point or question, Zeus? I realize we have ventured off topic here but I'm curious as to the meaning of your last post. Are you implying that I'm not an American? not supporting equal opportunities for all? I'm only concerned what happens in America? I support war to right the wrongs and ills throughout the world? I don't support war throughout the world? I lack compassion for others that differ from me? Your post conjures up plenty of possible questions which I'm not really going to "bite" on without further explanation. I wouldn't want to give you the satisfaction of a "gotcha" moment.
    Equality and tolerance under the law is a basic American value and it is a core belief upon which this country was founded. Isn't it the proper role of the Justice Department to ensure equal opportunity without regard to ethnicity or religious belief? It appears that you don't agree with that. Perhaps you would like to leave that to some private, liberal group like the ACLU, NAACP, some anti defamation league or some such. Then you'd be belly aching about them.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 06-04-2013 at 06:03 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

You're a peculiar man! You dodged a bunch of questions!

You two good old boys read about as well as my dog. Unlike you to I can tell the difference between doing the right thing for this country and the legal thing. I never said anything about going after any business owner for fees or fines. What we have been doing to control illegal immigration is not working, so something else needs to be done. Under the law it is the federal government's job to control, but they do not want to do their jobs. They do not want to let states deal with the problem on a state by state basis, because they do not want to give up the power. If the states handle this problem fines might come into play, but as long as the federal government is in charge I'm basically being forced to support illegals. I think it wrong to hire illegals, so we do not hire them to do work around our house or for our business. I do have a right to think Americans should have jobs over government welfare. I can understand a business owner looking for cheap labor, but realize others are picking up the cost for that cheap labor. When illegals are hired they receive a lot of government benefits for their families who are living here- health and education. As for outsourcing jobs to other countries that cuts down on the people paying taxes in this country. I have to pay more because the government loves to spend, but less people are paying into the system. I have never seen the government come out in saving money on any deals they have made with contractors or on any contract in this country so I do not trust they are saving money contracting out to contractors in other countries. How many stories over my life have I heard that the government paid $17 for one screw? Too much waste.

Basically I do not want to support illegals or outsourcing coming from private or government sources. If you can do it without my money more power to you, but as long as I pays taxes it is my business to look out for myself. All I can really do is complain on a forum and to anyone else who is in ear range, while still pay more in taxes every year.

I do not see German, Italian, English, Arab, or any other ethnic group as doing anything to build this country. I just see Americans built this country. Maybe if the big man in D.C. saw himself more as an American we would have less problems. Burn that race and ethnic card. It is the global attitude and bowing down to others that works on my nerves. As long as people keep falling for the double label, _____ American the longer I will feel repressed by globalization.

No one has to agree with me it won't be the first time.

Coachmo, in post #43 again you throw out the word Arab. Stop using the word and I will stop thinking you are talking about every foreign person being Arab. Can you see the confusion you cause me? Next time just ask the person where they live. My husband does it all the time.

Terri

Terri, the original post mentioned Muslims and Arab-Americans! That's what the discussion was about. I'm not going to answer any more of your posts on this subject because it will just get ugly! FYI I'll put my level of intelligence and reading ability against you or anyone else that frequents this site! You've got the smartest dog in the world! Now I see why you have a complex that's evident in your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    You two good old boys read about as well as my dog. Unlike you to I can tell the difference between doing the right thing for this country and the legal thing. I never said anything about going after any business owner for fees or fines. What we have been doing to control illegal immigration is not working, so something else needs to be done. Under the law it is the federal government's job to control, but they do not want to do their jobs. They do not want to let states deal with the problem on a state by state basis, because they do not want to give up the power. If the states handle this problem fines might come into play, but as long as the federal government is in charge I'm basically being forced to support illegals. I think it wrong to hire illegals, so we do not hire them to do work around our house or for our business. I do have a right to think Americans should have jobs over government welfare. I can understand a business owner looking for cheap labor, but realize others are picking up the cost for that cheap labor. When illegals are hired they receive a lot of government benefits for their families who are living here- health and education. As for outsourcing jobs to other countries that cuts down on the people paying taxes in this country. I have to pay more because the government loves to spend, but less people are paying into the system. I have never seen the government come out in saving money on any deals they have made with contractors or on any contract in this country so I do not trust they are saving money contracting out to contractors in other countries. How many stories over my life have I heard that the government paid $17 for one screw? Too much waste.

Basically I do not want to support illegals or outsourcing coming from private or government sources. If you can do it without my money more power to you, but as long as I pays taxes it is my business to look out for myself. All I can really do is complain on a forum and to anyone else who is in ear range, while still pay more in taxes every year.

I do not see German, Italian, English, Arab, or any other ethnic group as doing anything to build this country. I just see Americans built this country. Maybe if the big man in D.C. saw himself more as an American we would have less problems. Burn that race and ethnic card. It is the global attitude and bowing down to others that works on my nerves. As long as people keep falling for the double label, _____ American the longer I will feel repressed by globalization.

No one has to agree with me it won't be the first time.

Coachmo, in post #43 again you throw out the word Arab. Stop using the word and I will stop thinking you are talking about every foreign person being Arab. Can you see the confusion you cause me? Next time just ask the person where they live. My husband does it all the time.

Terri
    Terri, there are a lot of "good ole boys" on Potus. Call me one and I'll take it as a compliment. I can see that you are confused. And it seems you aren't very happy either. Most of us good ole boys are not the former and are the latter.
    Bill Davis

Bill, I'm glad someone else noticed that about Terri. Where I'm from being a "good ole boy" ain't a bad thing!
    Last edited by coachmo; 06-04-2013 at 11:27 PM.