The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Holder ... do not offend Muslims

What you all forget is that Muslim is not a race. It is a political religious belief. You can't compare it to immigrants like Irish or German. Let Arabs, Indians etc come, leave your political radical belief at home.

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    What you all forget is that Muslim is not a race. It is a political religious belief. You can't compare it to immigrants like Irish or German. Let Arabs, Indians etc come, leave your political radical belief at home.

/Paul
    Some Muslims are radical, most are not.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Glad to see you up and at it so early in the morning, Zeus. Again, either by choice or lack of understanding you missed the point of another post. It doesn't matter that as you put it, "Some Muslims are radical, most are not", the point Paul made is being Muslim is based on a religious belief and that would mean ALL Muslims not just the radicals. I'm sure you really understand that. You only like to play dumb, however; you're really good at it!!
    Last edited by coachmo; 06-05-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    terri,
    we have found a point of agreement. i also feel that as a small business man(no longer a big business man), i should NEVER hire an illegal allien!

you consider it proper that i and other businessmen should be fined and prosecuted by our governments for hiring an undocumented workers. i understand your position.

but i say.....i live and operate my business in alabama, tennessee and north georgia. i am 2,000 miles from the nearest mexican border, roughly the same to any point in canada and about 1,600 to key west. i love and trust my federal government to do its job. as such, being this far from all points of illegal entry i contend that any good ol' boy of any nationality who approaches me and asks me for a job would have certainly been aprehended by some of our many tax payer funded authorities long before he ever got to scottsboro, alabama. why should i be called on to verify documents for the government? why should i be the border police? why should i need another employee just to ensure all my workers are legal and file necessary documentation? heck some days all i want to do is put on a new storm door for someone's granny on a fixed income and i got people like you breathing down my neck for doing the wrong thing!

i say from where i stand if an illegal allien approaches me and asks for a job and i give him one.........the head of immigration, homeland security, border patrol and every sherrif between here and the border owes me a dang apology. further more i think i should get a $5,000 per day tax credit for everyday these lame do nothings, through their inability to police our borders, allowed him work for me illegally before they caught him.(instead of a fine)

pass that legislation and see if they get it under control. why would a govt b'crat do a job they could fine a hard working American into doing for them!
    Can't even come close to agreeing with that type of sentiment. First off it is almost impossible to guard our border to prrevent 100% of illegals from crossing. Second, whoever is doing the hiring is responsible to check SS#, ID, place of residence when checking an application. Third, if an employer hires illegals, fine the crap out of them the first time.. Double it the second time. And shut them down the third time.

You won't stop the hiring of illegals unless a lot of pain is attached to the employer.

JMHO
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Isn't there a middle ground between Golddogs and roseberry?

Part of the govt job in managing immigration would be allowing an employer to simply plug in an SS# or visa # and getting a quick answer. That's how they do it for background checks on gun control (or something similar), right? Within 24 hours the employer should have an answer with little effort.

If such a mechanism is already in place for gun control, what's the big deal for such a database for immigration?

One would presume that with all the $ already allocated to immigration, if the legislators really wanted to have such an effective system, it should be a piece of cake. Take a portion of the funds allocated to "fencing" and apportion them to this form of an "electronic fence" in the form of a working database.

If such a system were available to employers that was easy, prompt and cost-effective, then there should be no reason for an employer to ever be fined unless they were purposely trying to break the law.

Indications right now are that the best description of ICE is "SNAFU". They can't even keep track of the people who enter the country (originally) legally (student visas, guest visas, etc.) unless the immigrants abide by the laws. Obviously, those who are here illegally (either by overstaying visas or entering illegally) are not exactly law-abiding.

One of Newt's good ideas was turning over this kind of stuff to whomever manages the technology for credit card companies like Am Ex. The IBM CEO also offered that technology was already available to correct Medicare/Medicaid fraud. We only need to ask who is it that refuses to fix a very fixable problem? Remember IBM offered the technology to the govt FREE, and it was not accepted!
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I never meant to insult anyone by calling Coachmo and Roseberry "good ole boys". To me that is not an insult, but to some it must be an insult, so I apology. My dog is pretty damn smart, if you have ever read my post on her you would know that has caused me a bit of trouble it the field.

As for illegals I'm against them being here and anyone that hires them. I'd rather Americans had jobs, not welfare. I think outsourcing adds to job lose here.

A voice or a look does not make you an American or not an American, but how you choose to live. Leave the old world behind and embrace the new world you made the choice to live in.

I'm just plain ole American,

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by golddogs View Post
    can't even come close to agreeing with that type of sentiment. first off it is almost impossible to guard our border to prrevent 100% of illegals from crossing. Second, whoever is doing the hiring is responsible to check ss#, id, place of residence when checking an application. Third, if an employer hires illegals, fine the crap out of them the first time.. Double it the second time. And shut them down the third time.

You won't stop the hiring of illegals unless a lot of pain is attached to the employer.

Jmho
    fine them, fine them, shut them down!

ok let's see?
    1. it is an "impossible" problem that we as a federal government can't possibly control, even though our "bureaucratic tentacles"(sp?) are inserted into all aspects of the daily lives of our citizens.
    2. it is an "impossible" problem that we as a federal government can't possibly control, even though we have seized inexhaustable amounts of funding from our working citizens to perform such tasks for our citizens.
    3. it is an "impossible" problem that we as a federal government can't possibly control, because we think it is discriminatory, an act of profiling and even racist to ask for identification at a routine traffic stop. as such we will sue any state or district that disagrees.
    4. it is an "impossible" problem that we as a federal government can't possible control, because we wouldn't want to ask for a form of identification and disinfranchise anyone(especially illegals) at a polling place in a national election.
    5. it is an "impossible" problem that we as a federal government can't possibly control, since we as democrats in this government have aborted over 40 million of our voters since 1972 and we have to replace them with someone.
    6. it is an "impossible" problem that we as a federal government can't possibly control, since we as republicans in this government are so closely aligned with this voting demographic philosophically because of their predominately Roman Catholic values.(speaking of hispanic illegals here obviously) we just need to communicate this better.
    7. it is an "impossible" problem that we as a federal government can't possibly control, BECAUSE WE JUST NEVER WANTED TO ANYHOW!!!

8. but i tell you what, why don't we as a federal government pass a law to fine, fine and shut down any business who hires one of these folks. we wouldn't ask for i.d. but there is no reason we shouldn't make ol' roseberry do it! we already took $35K from the small business owner this year alone in human resources fte additions and compliance costs. then we can tell all the illegals when they are reported and picked up by ICE to just say these four words, "i am a dreamer"....and we will be forced by law to let them go. hey, we wanted them here anyway, but all this regulation, incumberance and "lots of pain" to businesses will make citizens like golddogs very happy!

you should run for office golddogs your attitude would fit right in!
    Last edited by roseberry; 06-05-2013 at 12:48 PM.
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    .............................................."goo d ole boys". To me that is not an insult, but to some it must be an insult, .................................................. ..........................

Terri
    I use it for more than one group. There are good "good ole boys" and then there are the "good ole boys" who are up to no good ( local politicians comes to mind ).
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Charly, I never thought those two guys were a couple of no good politician. I thought they were a couple of hunters/dog runners.

I had to go take a couple old dogs to the vet this morning for the annual exam, but now I'm back hiding from the sun.

As to my comment about reading as well as my dog. Here's how I'll explain it. Took the smart girl to a training day. The bird was to land just in the water along the shore line. We get to the line. Dog sees the throw. I release her to pick up the bird. She runs along the shore like she is being chased by bees. She pick it up real fast and runs back just a fast as she ran out. Sits and hands over the bird. Most everyone is impressed at how fast, smart, and polite my dog behaved on that retrieve, expect me. I could see all the talent in my dog, but I knew I was the one who failed because that was not the point of the test set up. She was suppose to get wet, but she didn't. I failed to get her in the water, a bad line. She missed the point of the retrieve.

Coachmo, I'm sorry that you missed my point in my post. I failed.

Terri

My dog is damn smart.

It was a joke on my part. Sometimes I do not make myself clear And I make fun of way too many things.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~