RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Dog box / trailer door handles?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Good Dogs 
#1 ·
For those with trailer or boxes, what type of handles do you have on your box doors. I am having a little custom 4 dog trailer with storage built and am trying to decide what style handles to put on. Was leaning towards paddle type locks or T or L handle types. I also plan to have a secondary latch that I will clip or even padlock if needed, so the handles don't have to have locks necassarily.

Thanks for any feedback you have.

#2 ·
Currently I have L handles on my box and I am really liking them. I used to have a box that had paddle locks on it and had trouble with them freezing up during winter. I have never had T handles on a box but a lot of people use them on there boxes. I also had secondary latch put on mine and use brass quick snaps for extra security, my t handles also have key locks.

#3 ·
I just replaced all of the handles on my new-to-me topper with lockable T handles. They are easy to find and inexpensive if replacements are needed. Saftey clips are a must and I'll use padlocks as extra security in certain "situations." Regardless of the type of lock the keys are common and easliy duplicated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.