The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spendy IRS conferences - a hearing this week

In my job, I sometimes photograph big fancy parties. They are put on by corporations (mostly involved in oil production) and they are great fun and I have no problem with what they are doing as I am not a stock holder and am not forced to "give them money". I have a really serious objection to my tax money being spent on ANY party. A govt agency wants to throw a party, everybody involved can chip in $20.00 (or whatever it takes). The party committee (working on their own time) can hunt around and get the best deal possible. No tossing my money around like water. Just ridiculous that THEY spend OUR money on things that I can't afford myself.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Today's hearing was basically a "meet the new Acting IRS Commissioner and listen to his promises".

The IRS expenditures on conferences was touched very briefly. The only thing I learned today was that the money spent on the lavish conferences came out of the scrutiny budget (whatever that is) at the same time the IRS was asking for more money for that budget.

Anybody mad yet?

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    .................................................. ...........................................

Anybody mad yet?
    You bet but then I been mad for a good while now. One daughter-in-law said to me within the last week "Mom you seem to have changed a lot since I first got aquainted with you. You seemed so.... uh......
    prim and proper back then and you have changed." I said "yes, my attitude is now to ______ with them".
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Interesting how you tend to do a 180 depending on the President.
    Well, seeing as how Obama has been president the entire time you have been on this board and same for me... What are you basing that on? RK's election as PP president?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Well, seeing as how Obama has been president the entire time you have been on this board and same for me... What are you basing that on? RK's election as PP president?
    I am basing it your responses since I have been on this board, you are blind to a party and flip flop your responses depending upon the party affiliation of the person in question.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    I am basing it your responses since I have been on this board, you are blind to a party and flip flop your responses depending upon the party affiliation of the person in question.
    Got an example?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by txrancher View Post
    Believe me someone has to approve expenditures all the way to the top of the IRS.
    is that why that guy went to the white house 157 times?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    Anybody mad yet?
    I'll be quite miffed once the same group starts doing my health care.
    are they going to audit me and give me a colonoscopie at the same time?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I'll be quite miffed once the same group starts doing my health care.
    are they going to audit me and give me a colonoscopie at the same time?
    Ken,

Oh, you'll get 'scoped' all right. But, it won't be diagnostic or threaputic, for you!

Tom
    Tom Wall

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Got an example?

Mean Trick Bill!!!
    poor feller is re-reading your 4,926 rtf posts right now looking for inconsistency.
    he will ether find some or be a registered republican by morning