The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Syria

Charlie Rose's interview with Al-Assad just killed the Obama adminstions plan. No TelePrompTer, stuttering or the constant use of I. In fact he was able to ask 30-40 plus questions not just 5 or 6 in the hour interview.

The comparison of the rebels (sect) to the LA riots (sect), 9/11 sect (Al Qaeda) to his out of country rebel (Al Qaeda) sect was really brilliant. The only thing he could have thrown in is our revolunitary war of the north vs. south and the number killed with no WMD's.

Why is it a person, or people of this level of intelligence, don't insist on a live to tape interview? This prevents all the cut and paste editing which happens.

BTW I don't agree with the Syrian government.

Harry Reid postpones the senate vote. Said he wants to make sure how well they can do it???? They don't have they democrat votes to even get 50. This is with Graham and McCain his 2 joker democrats.

Harry Reid postpones the senate vote. Said he wants to make sure how well they can do it???? They don't have they democrat votes to even get 50. This is with Graham and McCain his 2 joker democrats.

He postponed the vote to allow time for the Russian proposal. The bill will clear the senate, but is having trouble in the house.
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'

If this kind of solution is "something that is not new", why does it just start getting discussed now?

Why would the administration not have been negotiating this solution with Russia and Syria before threatening a military strike? If they had been, why wouldn't Obama have been touting this solution publicly, i.e. saying that he had offered such a diplomatic alternative to avert a military solution? By doing so, he would have been the "hero", rather than Putin.

I cannot speculate what some other POTUS might have done, but it's kind of scary that what may turn out to be the best solution (that allows both sides to save face) was "stumbled upon" by an offhand "rhetorical" remark.

It was not a serious offer when Kerry made it. The fact that the Syrians and Russians are making a go at shows how desperate they are to avoid the conflict. This offer would in no way be on the table if the use of force was not threatened. Hopefully it is not a stalling tactic.

In my Opinion the offer has a lot of merit and should be sought. It will make us look a lot better in the worlds eyes, potentially improve our relationship with Russia and gives us a back door out of the whole mess. My only condition would be that it be carried out quickly.
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'

Question, how can Assad give up WMD's he still claims he didn't use and doesn't have?

Red line regards.............

This has reminded me of Nancy Pelosi's statement. We will have to bomb to see what and why we bombed it.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    This has reminded me of Nancy Pelosi's statement. We will have to bomb to see what and why we bombed it.
    Boy are you going to be in trouble when your dad gets home!!!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Question, how can Assad give up WMD's he still claims he didn't use and doesn't have?

Red line regards.............
    He only needs to come up with a few. Then everyone can feel good about the situation.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

Syria took Russia's offer today. This is like the drug dealer taking the drug suppliers offer.

For the past five years the Democrats and Obama have made the Republicans, McConnell and Boehner look like idiots. However it just happened to Obama and Kerry on the world stage.

The media will try to cover for him saying that this was his Reaganesque moment or compare it to Kennedy and the Cuban missile crisis.
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 09-10-2013 at 09:21 AM.

In my Opinion the offer has a lot of merit and should be sought. It will make us look a lot better in the worlds eyes, potentially improve our relationship with Russia and gives us a back door out of the whole mess. My only condition would be that it be carried out quickly.
    It's interesting, Henlee, that while you and I disagreed on whether to take military action or not, we both agree that this proposal is worth merit. It is disturbing, though, that the unity comes not from our own POTUS, but from Putin.

Why could not have Obama offered such a solution publicly? Was he afraid he'd be turned down? Even so, he would have had the argument that he offered a diplomatic solution rather than just a military one. Did Syria's turndown of the Qatari pipeline (wanted by the Saudis) have any influence over Obama's approach?

I'm sure Putin is not being benevolent ... he just wants to keep his country from getting into a ME war, and, of course, gain world stature by being the arbiter of a grand compromise that saves face for all concerned.

Could this turn into stonewalling/delay? Could chance it could. Sometimes, though, delay is all it takes for a critical situation to be defused.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.