The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Syria

Why could not have Obama offered such a solution publicly? Was he afraid he'd be turned down? Even so, he would have had the argument that he offered a diplomatic solution rather than just a military one. Did Syria's turndown of the Qatari pipeline (wanted by the Saudis) have any influence over Obama's approach?

I'm sure Putin is not being benevolent ... he just wants to keep his country from getting into a ME war, and, of course, gain world stature by being the arbiter of a grand compromise that saves face for all concerned.

Obama could not have suggested it. It would have been a beginning negotiating point rather than what we hope to be is the end result. We should not have been negotiating anyways. Obama acted as he ought to have. Predictability in world politics is very good.

It was in Russian interests to not have an attack occur, but Putin does deserve credit, he stepped in and found a solution that was acceptable to everyone. Kudos to all the actors involved also, it is not easy to step back from ones own position to accept a compromise.

Just don't forget that if Syria does not act in good faith and disarm its chemical weapons the strike option will be there and have more credibility as the only viable option.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

We were going to lob a few tomahawks at Syria. This would also show Iran that we mean business on their nuke program. This is according to the administration.

Guess what Israel, Iran is all your baby again because Obama is going golfing after tonight's address to the nation.

It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Administration officials also claimed the White House has been working on the chemical weapons hand-over idea with the Russians for up to year. According to the officials, Kerry did accidentally let the news out on Monday – when he appeared to make an off-handed comment that Assad could avert a strike by turning over his weapons. Kerry immediately walked back the remark.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2eXhLtCYw
    See, it really was Obama's idea.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    See, it really was Obama's idea.
    Do you really believe this comment? The materials are on a fast track out of the county.

Is he really concerned about children getting killed by gas in another country? While the administratiom was more than willing to let a young girl die which needed a lung transplant. If not for her parents going to a judge she would be dead today. Children 12 or under don't qualify for adult lungs even though their bodies may be large enough. This is the cookie stamp theory.

This senario will be more prevalent with the new health care system.
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 09-10-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Dan, I guess I should have added one of those smiley face things.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Oops, maybe it was Kerry's idea? Maybe he thinks he could run for POTUS again?
    Yet on Tuesday morning -- after the Russians had co-opted the idea and formally presented it to the Syrian government -- Kerry was claiming full credit for the plan during testimony before the House Armed Services Committee.

"Yesterday, we challenged the regime to turn (its chemical weapons) over to the secure control of the international community so that they can be destroyed," Kerry said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2eYLulQVR
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

This just gets more ludicrous by the minute.

Kerry and McCain have both publicly cited a WSJ article by a 26-yr old researcher (Elizabeth O'Bagy) in supporting military intervention in Syria.

The Daily Caller now reports
    With each contract, O’Bagy made more money. This revelation raises serious questions about her incentives to support American involvement in Syria. Both Secretary of State John Kerry and Senator John McCain cited O’Bagy’s work in the push for military action but did not disclose her ties to the rebel groups.

When asked about the potential conflict of interest, O’Bagy said she was working for the Syrian people.
    Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/09/wh...#ixzz2ecHQbMMv
    So, the gal advocating for the rebels actually has a conflict of interest.

It gets better since O'Bagy has just been fired since she represented to her present employer that she had a PhD from Georgetown ... when it actually has not yet been conferred. She presented & defended her thesis, but has not received her degree at this time.

And these so-smart govt officials are taking their basis of information from this person. Kerry, at least, should have better sources to use than this.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Interesting comparison of Iraq & Syria.
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...n_of_iraq.html
    Are we wise enough to find a different outcome?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Syria is asking for 10 years to disarm and an agreement to not support the rebels during this time. They want it enforced by the UN, where Russia has veto power. In Kerry's original gaffe statement he gave him a week. I am at this point considering it a time wasting exercise to negotiate. We need to begin positioning to strike.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."