The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Syria

Seems like most (not all) liberals and conservatives are against any military intervention in Syria. The analysis I cited in post #4 really does seem to have some value.

Neither the Arabs nor Russia (nor us, nor Israel) want Iran to come out on top in this whole thing. That analysis comes down to the fact that dialogue with Putin, behind the scenes, is the key to this. However, Putin must also save face in the process of defusing the situation. This may be the very kind of diplomacy that Obama is not good at ... if his handling of Republicans is a gauge. Is there anyone in the administration who does have the diplomatic skills to handle Putin with finesse? So far his "inner circle" diplomats do not seem up to the job needed here.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Looking at the possible end games, there is not a lot of good options for us. I do think we need to do "something". to keep the fear of god in country's thinking about using WMD.

Right now, I think my favorite end game is for a divided Syria. Leave Assad and the rebels in what would be two separate, but weak countries. This would be a loss for Russia and weaken a powerful Iranian ally. I think this could be done from the air with minimal boots on the ground. Letting either side "win" seems to have many drawbacks. If we had intervened sooner we would have had more choices.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

I fear KING OBAMA is trying to figure out how he can 'save face'....and that my friends is a scary thought!

With the Brits not backing us up, our options are even more limited.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    I fear KING OBAMA is trying to figure out how he can 'save face'....and that my friends is a scary thought!
    And Putin wants to do the same ... so it would take a very skillful negotiator to find a way to satisfy both egos.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Where is the outrage from the libtards? Why would we get involved? The gas used was not military grade or no one could come in close contact with the poeple or the area that where gased without contaminating themselves. Where are the blisters around the mouth and nose of the people gased? Skin blisters? None seen from pictures and videos. This regime is screwwing so much up it is not even funny! Let's go bomb Syria bacause I was a dumb arse and drew a line in the sand. Does this guy really think he intimidates or causes anyone any concern by what he says?

Henlee who should we support Hezbollah or Al Qaeda?
    Last edited by duckheads; 08-30-2013 at 10:30 AM.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    Looking at the possible end games, there is not a lot of good options for us. I do think we need to do "something". to keep the fear of god in country's thinking about using WMD.

Right now, I think my favorite end game is for a divided Syria. Leave Assad and the rebels in what would be two separate, but weak countries. This would be a loss for Russia and weaken a powerful Iranian ally. I think this could be done from the air with minimal boots on the ground. Letting either side "win" seems to have many drawbacks. If we had intervened sooner we would have had more choices.
    An interesting proposal that has not been suggested before. Unfortunately, it could be tough to get both sides to agree to share "the pie".
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    An interesting proposal that has not been suggested before. Unfortunately, it could be tough to get both sides to agree to share "the pie".
    'Specially since it's a big steaming cow pie.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I was thinking about this one. If we were having our own civil war would we really want the Russians or Chinese coming to help?

Quote Originally Posted by sick lids View Post
    I was thinking about this one. If we were having our own civil war would we really want the Russians or Chinese coming to help?
    The Union certainly wasn't pleased when Britain helped arm the Confederates. But in a war or police action, making money always seems to be an absolute.

Let them thin themselves out and we stay out of it.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!