The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Syria

Syria attacked US troops during the Iraq War. There is no doubt they have their up and comings coming. This was a good excuse to do it, but we waited to long. Assad in the middle of a civil war so directly defied our red line in the sand it shows what the world thinks of our ability to overcome political differences and act when needed. There is no doubt that Obama could have acted on his own, but threw it over to congress so it could be their fault. In his defense that was what congress was going to do to him. I suspect a missile strike will be approved and carried out in about a week. If lucky they will institute a no-fly zone also. If we are very lucky the CIA is recruiting agents now to infiltrate Al-quida affiliated groups. Our actions in Syria work very much towards our National Defense.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    Syria attacked US troops during the Iraq War. There is no doubt they have their up and comings coming. This was a good excuse to do it, but we waited to long

Would surely agree with that. If they deserved a spanking for that act, it should have been done at the time of the offense.

Assad in the middle of a civil war so directly defied our red line in the sand it shows what the world thinks of our ability to overcome political differences and act when needed.

Should the POTUS have just kept his mouth shut about red lines? Did he stipulate a red line for Iran's nuclear development?

There is no doubt that Obama could have acted on his own, but threw it over to congress so it could be their fault. In his defense that was what congress was going to do to him. I suspect a missile strike will be approved and carried out in about a week.

One commentator made an astute statement: in war terminology, a shot across the bow, is the signal that you are willing to sink the enemy's ship. Obama has said that sinking the ship is NOT his intention. So, this shot across the bow will kill innocent civilians with no goal to truly injuring Assad or his military capability.

You don't really "save face" by adding stupider to stupid. You just look stupider.

If lucky they will institute a no-fly zone also. If we are very lucky the CIA is recruiting agents now to infiltrate Al-quida affiliated groups. Our actions in Syria work very much towards our National Defense.
    The CIA told the WH that the Benghazi attack was a terrorist attack within minutes of the attack. The WH then chose to change the message to their needs.

So, if the CIA is good enough at what they do to infiltrate AQ, the info they gather may not be of much use once it filters through the WH spin crew. The WH policies did such a good job in Egypt and Libya. Will they be equally successful in Syria? Keep doing the same thing and expect a different result?

If attacking Syria (with no comprehensive plan for the "contingencies") starts larger chaos in the ME, this does not appear be helpful to US national defense interests. Are we looking for another war in the ME that would dwarf the scale of the Iraq war?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

FWIW, Townhall reports that about 70 Congress members have returned to DC early from the August recess to attend briefings on the Syria situation. The group includes both Ds and Rs. They have done soon their own recognizance.

I recall that Ted Cruz mentioned that the POTUS could have asked Congress to return to DC before the end of the recess, but has not done so.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Another point of view ...
    http://shoebat.com/2013/08/27/eviden...ons-not-assad/

We well know that there are Saudis who like to cause chaos. bin Laden was Saudi.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    FWIW, Townhall reports that about 70 Congress members have returned to DC early from the August recess to attend briefings on the Syria situation. The group includes both Ds and Rs. They have done soon their own recognizance.

I recall that Ted Cruz mentioned that the POTUS could have asked Congress to return to DC before the end of the recess, but has not done so.
    Obama has made a career of voting present (when he had the option), delaying, delegating responsibility to underlings, etc... This is nothing new. Standard operating procedure.

The only time he moves fast is when he wants to ram a tax or unwanted program down our throats. Or when he's late for a tee time.
    Bill Davis

I pray we do not move on Syria.
    It is far to late and will have far reaching consquences...................we should have gone in and retrieved the WMD's when they were moved from Iraq into Syria years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    It is far to late and will have far reaching consquences...................we should have gone in and retrieved the WMD's when they were moved from Iraq into Syria years ago!
    Me too Stan.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Me too Stan.
    Did you read or hear what McCain & Graham have said?

John McCain: Congressional Vote Against Military Action In Syria Would Be 'Catastrophic'

AP/The Huffington Post | Posted: 09/02/2013 3:23 pm EDT | Updated: 09/02/2013 3:54 pm EDT

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) warned that a Congressional vote against military action in Syria would be "catastrophic."

McCain sounded the warning after he and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) met with President Barack Obama on Monday. McCain made similar claims on Sunday, before his meeting with the president.

Graham said he feels there is a "solid plan" from the Obama administration to "upgrade the opposition" in Syria. McCain agreed but still cited "concerns."

"We still have significant concerns but we believe there is in formulation a strategy to upgrade the opposition," McCain said.

After Obama announced he was in favor of action "limited in duration and scope" in Syria, McCain and Graham said that would "send the wrong signal."

"[W]e cannot in good conscience support isolated military strikes in Syria that are not part of an overall strategy that can change the momentum on the battlefield, achieve the President's stated goal of Assad's removal from power, and bring an end to this conflict, which is a growing threat to our national security interests," the senators said in a statement on Saturday.
    This is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Ditto ! ..............................................

P.S. McCain needs to retire.
    Last edited by charly_t; 09-02-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Ditto ! ..............................................

P.S. McCain needs to retire.
    Why should McCain retire?