The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Another Bridge to Nowhere?

Default Another Bridge to Nowhere?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/03...g-from-mexico/

A US/Mexico border crossing bridge will remain unfinished until the Mexican govt appropriates funds for the other side of the bridge.

Based on the "history" of a similar project in New Mexico, it could take Mexico five years to do their part of their project; and then a decade before it becomes attractive for commercial traffic to actually use this port of entry.

Meanwhile, our govt spent money building this bridge, and could have spent the money building fence to secure the border instead?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

same ol same ol.
    gov built a "circ highway" up here to take traffic out of burlington. made it 3/4 of the way around. ran into the burlington barge canal. fed superfund toxic site. gov hand making the road did not know what the other gov hand making toxic waste sites was doing. Toxic folks did not bother to tell road folks until thay had paved right up to the edge. so they put up a chain fence. been 5 years. the skate board kids love it.
    stupid is as stupid does
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

It does make you wonder sometimes?
    I ignore stupidity unless you bring it to my attention!
    Crystal Coast Labradors

CCL Return To Sender
    N Sana Te

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    same ol same ol.
    gov built a "circ highway" up here to take traffic out of burlington. made it 3/4 of the way around. ran into the burlington barge canal. fed superfund toxic site. gov hand making the road did not know what the other gov hand making toxic waste sites was doing. Toxic folks did not bother to tell road folks until thay had paved right up to the edge. so they put up a chain fence. been 5 years. the skate board kids love it.
    stupid is as stupid does
    Was that a Fed project, Ken?

Why do I think that the CA bullet train will be a similar waste of money?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Was that a Fed project, Ken??
    combo,
    the road part was local guys in the equipment following feds plan.
    the toxic part was feds in equipment trying to clean up toxic crap from an old rail yard.
    local road builders kept saying to anyone "what about the barge canal?" and feds had um pave right up to the edge.
    then the other feds put up the fence. For a while it was a "superfund" site. After the fence everyone just drove away.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin