The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boy Scouts

Default Boy Scouts

The National Council votes today on whether to allow open gays or not.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/23...raught-moment/

I have to say I will be sorely dissapointed if this gets passed. I'm all for allowing people to live as they want. But, that doesn't mean I have to change my beliefs and values just because 'they' don't believe in them. If you don't want to follow the rules start your own organization.

Tom
    Tom Wall

If they vote to change the rule, could it possibly mean that the majority of the members actually believe that it is time to change that rule? If so, then shouldn't the folks who don't like the rule change go form THEIR own organization?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    If they vote to change the rule, could it possibly mean that the majority of the members actually believe that it is time to change that rule? If so, then shouldn't the folks who don't like the rule change go form THEIR own organization?
    I believe that's called the Girl Scouts

:rimshot:
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Brilliant!

What exactly is the purpose of changing the Boy Scouts??
    Stan b & Elvis

I have been involved with the Boy Scouts most of my life. As a kid I loved everything about it and as I married and had my own kids (2 boys) they also were active with the Scouts. Unfortunately, like many organizations the top leadership has been quietly taken over by some Progressive Liberal types....this is how a small minority can drive the majority in a direction that they do not want to go. ACLU and other liberal groups fund and drive all of this....what a shame!

Next will be the vote to add the Political Correctness Merit Badge and the Sexual Diversity Merit Badge unless they already have them.
    Erik B.

Would is be Ok for them to prevent jewish and African American scouts as well? If not what is the difference.

Well, they voted to allow openly gay boys: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/23...est=latestnews

I have to say I'm very dissapointed. The BSA was one organization that had been holding to core values. Besides not allowing homosexuals they also barred atheists too. I'm afraid they are heading down a slippery slope of no return.

Tom
    Tom Wall

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_C View Post
    Would is be Ok for them to prevent jewish and African American scouts as well? If not what is the difference.
    Umm...well I don't see sexual preferance as being the same as race. I don't think sex has anything to do with BSA. If you don't believe in the core values of an organization why would you want to join it, other than to fundamentally change what it is?

Tom
    Tom Wall

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    .................................................. ................ Unfortunately, like many organizations the top leadership has been quietly taken over by some Progressive Liberal types....this is how a small minority can drive the majority in a direction that they do not want to go. ACLU and other liberal groups fund and drive all of this....what a shame!
    This is the kind of people who are moving into our area of the country. I think they moved here because they didn't like the area they came from. Now they are hell bent on changing ours into that same thing ( makes no sense at all ). Kind of like muslims from another country coming here and wanting to change our country into the same thing that they just left ( because they didn't like their country ). A friend used to say that it was all the liberal teachers that our schools hired ( who came from all the schools of higher learning who had that kind of profs ). The disease is spreading.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~