The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It's been a good run. We are done

Brian, I know of what you speak; however sanity has not yet prevailed in me as it has in you.
    Good luck and success in your future endeavors

Better to have tried and not achieved then not to have tried at all. One can grow in character and learn to over come the challenges in in life from training a dog. If your "Sundance" did his work with style then you have done more than many who compete.

Dennis Voight is a successful field trialer and spends much time training by himself. It can be done.

It is in the end about you and the dog - you become one, a team.

Good luck,

Im in same boat as youderby list n qaa by 3yrs mh by 4 and 10 am and 4.5 open points later need a win.im not retired and work full time n do all my own training.hunt alot in falling.enjoy the training.its a demanding game for the average person.expensive isnt the correct term.more like money pit.i can only afford 5 starts in spring and 5, in fall.when i get tired of gettin a bloody nose ill go run a master test with some. Friends n have fun.its hard to compete against endless money and pros but as long as i have the dog that can play the game ill keep. Pluggin.away as best i can.maybe well get that win before he dies.by the way those points in open n am are with a golden that likes to get wet.thought about throwin in the towell a few times but cant do it.
    Last edited by vanman; 06-05-2013 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Just frikin do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Mills View Post
    /Paul, I tried to tell you the scratch and sniff chessie cards wouldn't work.
    It gets worse if the paper gets wet.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    Thats a good idea, I have a whole line of card ideas. I think my line of cards for golden owners would sell like hot cakes. My chessie cards need, work the kinda stink...

/Paul
    I found a Harley bandana on Saturday in the mowed grass after the tracking folks had been working. Had me confused...I was thinking /paul must have got a Golden

Mine wear pink ones
    Just frikin do it!

To wanting a gun dog to running field trials, the phase "mission creep" comes to mind. I knew a I had dog that could do the work which kept me going over the last 5 years. I learned a get deal from my training group about dogs. Folks who had trained with the best- Lardy, Carr, Farmer, etc. Mixed emotions fill me. I will miss the people and the dogs. Seeing the evolution of the possibility of what dogs are capable of. He took that point and sought water. I smile. What I will not miss is the game. The obsession, it's not an addiction it becomes an obsession. Got to hire a pro, buy two dogs, then three, four, or more; sell that one, buy this one. For some it's all about the game. That's not me. All the good fortune to the true armature trainers who endeavor for they are what the game is suppose to be about.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

Congrats on all your success and hard work

as long as you are happy, that is all that really matters.Somedays I know I should load up and train , but I don't . No big deal . I train more than some , less than others I do love to be competitive , even if fishing with my buddies ,we throw 5 bucks in the hat for biggest or most . Big Buck pool every year too .Have fun in all that you do !!
    SEMPER FI . FROM MY COLD , DEAD HANDS .

www.bashakilllabradors.com

Quote Originally Posted by vanman View Post
    Im in same boat as youderby list n qaa by 3yrs mh by 4 and 10 am and 4.5 open points later need a win.im not retired and work full time n do all my own training.hunt alot in falling.enjoy the training.its a demanding game for the average person.expensive isnt the correct term.more like money pit.i can only afford 5 starts in spring and 5, in fall.when i get tired of gettin a bloody nose ill go run a master test with some. Friends n have fun.its hard to compete against endless money and pros but as long as i have the dog that can play the game ill keep. Pluggin.away as best i can.maybe well get that win before he dies.by the way those points in open n am are with a golden that likes to get wet.thought about throwin in the towell a few times but cant do it.
    i fuond this post vrey. difficult to raed.