The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: It's been a good run. We are done

Quote Originally Posted by LSpann View Post
    i fuond this post vrey. difficult to raed.
    me2...............
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

i fuond this post vrey. difficult to raed.
    Did you really need to post that. It is of no help or information to anyone. Be the peanut.
    Jeannie Greenlee

Blazinlakes Legally Blonde CDX JH NAJ RA WC OD (1st Retriever)
    HRCH Smokingold Guns Up CCA WCX CD MH
    https://sites.google.com/site/smokingoldretrievers/home

i've found the whole thread hard to read....

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

I respect your decision and hope you find happiness in it. But I am always suspicious when a man jumps all the way in the water because he loves it and finds so much joy in it, then decides he needs to jump all the way out?

Thirty years ago there was a super-active guy in charge of our HRC club, single-handedly directed everything, and directed it very well! Had the admiration of the entire club. He trained a couple dogs to HRCH titles and was starting on a third pup when suddenly he announced he was done and moving on. About ten years later I ran into him at a dog training area. Still training regularly. Still doing what he loves and found the most rewarding -- working with the dogs. Just not in a club; Just not competing.

Gene Hill wrote a short story called "One." About some superstar FTer who had this great champion retriever that got killed in a hunting accident. But the heart-shattered guy got another retriever, and still hunted. Just didn't compete anymore.

Me? Obesity and the price of gas pushed me out of the game. (I am doing something about the obesity but the price of gas I am powerless to affect.) But I could never imagine not having a retriever, and not training. I don't care if I never run a HT again. I do care if I have to stop training. That is what I find the most rewarding.

But to each their own. Like I said, I hope you find your happiness.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie Greenlee View Post
    Did you really need to post that. It is of no help or information to anyone. Be the peanut.
    I believe that he was referring to VANMAN's rather oddly formatted missive (no caps, odd punctuation, etc.) which WAS difficult to read.

Im in same boat as youderby list n qaa by 3yrs mh by 4 and 10 am and 4.5 open points later need a win.im not retired and work full time n do all my own training.hunt alot in falling.enjoy the training.its a demanding game for the average person.expensive isnt the correct term.more like money pit.i can only afford 5 starts in spring and 5, in fall.when i get tired of gettin a bloody nose ill go run a master test with some. Friends n have fun.its hard to compete against endless money and pros but as long as i have the dog that can play the game ill keep. Pluggin.away as best i can.maybe well get that win before he dies.by the way those points in open n am are with a golden that likes to get wet.thought about throwin in the towell a few times but cant do it.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie Greenlee View Post

I guess you could lead by example?

Losthwy,
    Good luck with your future endeavors. This can be an expensive and very time consuming sport which requires many sacrifices.

Lonnie Spann
    Last edited by LSpann; 06-13-2013 at 08:59 PM.

I guess you could lead by example?

Losthwy,
    Good luck with your future endeavors. This can be an expensive and very time consuming sport which requires many sacrifices.

Lonnie Spann
    How many accounts do you have?
    Allen Dillard

HRCH Play It Again, Sam MH *** "Sam"
    Scout's High Calibre "Colt"
    Slippin' Up the Holler "Dooley"
    Lucky Number Seven VII "Layla"

Quote Originally Posted by RF2 View Post
    How many accounts do you have?
    2. One on my PC and one on my iPad. Don't know my password for my other account, therefore can't log on to that account on my iPad.

2. One on my PC and one on my iPad. Don't know my password for my other account, therefore can't log on to that account on my iPad.

Ha! A little trial and error is all it took to figure it out! Admin, please delete my other account.

Lonnie Spann
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (New & IMPROVED jacket).

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie Spann View Post
    Ha! A little trial and error is all it took to figure it out! Admin, please delete my other account.

Lonnie Spann
    I really don't feel bad about highjacking this thread. That dog still breaking?
    Allen Dillard

HRCH Play It Again, Sam MH *** "Sam"
    Scout's High Calibre "Colt"
    Slippin' Up the Holler "Dooley"
    Lucky Number Seven VII "Layla"