The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Walk-up in a senior hunt test

Quote Originally Posted by laurelwood View Post
    I ran an AKC Senior test recently with a tandem walk-up for the honor too- honor dog walked right beside (about 8 ft apart) the working dog on one of the longest walk-up I've seen, 25-30 yards before they fired off the bird. Also have run tests with walk-up on water, walk-up was a flier and even a walk-out run after the double was picked up as you walked away from the line.
    Have done this in CKC WCX test. It is interesting!!!and you you can't say a word!
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Howard N View Post
    Section 6. Senior Hunting Test. Dogs shall be
    tested in a minimum of four hunting situations that shall include one land blind, one water blind (that may be run as a double blind on land and water), one double land mark,
    and one double water mark. There shall be at least one
    diversion shot and at least one of the hunting situations should include a walk-up. In Senior tests, a double mark is
    defined as two marks presented before the dog is sent to retrieve. Blinds shall not be run between marks in Senior
    Hunting Tests.
    As of Sep 1, 2013

Please see the following rule changes forwarded from the AKC Performance Events Department.

1. The first is concerning Senior Hunting Tests and Walk-Ups. The wording has changed to make it clear that a diversion shot will be included in a Senior Hunt Test AS WELL AS a WALK-UP. Before it has been interpreted that a walk-up could be optional at the Senior level. As of September 1, 2013, this is no longer an option. Please be aware of this change and expect to see this change at any test you are running. Please see the specific wording change indicated below
    Tim McGarry Jr
    AKC Retriever Hunt Test Judge # 95104

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tim McGarry View Post
    As of Sep 1, 2013

Please see the following rule changes forwarded from the AKC Performance Events Department.

1. The first is concerning Senior Hunting Tests and Walk-Ups. The wording has changed to make it clear that a diversion shot will be included in a Senior Hunt Test AS WELL AS a WALK-UP. Before it has been interpreted that a walk-up could be optional at the Senior level. As of September 1, 2013, this is no longer an option. Please be aware of this change and expect to see this change at any test you are running. Please see the specific wording change indicated below
    This is the CURRENT rules for Senior walk up......
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com