The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: email from Jade to little Mac (Pictures added!)

Default email from Jade to little Mac (Pictures added!)

Hey little Mac,

You don't know me but my name is Jade. I saw your pics on facebook and got your address from Pa Tim's laptop. I'm staying with Pa Tim and Gigi. My Mom and Dad said they needed a helping paw and asked would I go stay with them. I said of course I would.

Pa Tim came to our home Friday to meet me. It was kinda strange I was happy to meet him but they were talking and for some reason each of them had to look away every now and then.

I kenneled up in the suv and off we go to meet Gigi at her office. We got on the interstate and Pa Tim started listening to a lady, well I think she was a lady, named Pink. Then some crazy man started singing something about Love in an Elevator. I'm starting to rethink this I think Pa Tim might need all different kinds of help. But we get to Gigi's office and she is so sweet just hugged and hugged me.

We started to our house and Pa Tim's cousin and friend Greg called and said he just had to meet me. We went over to his pond and he just had to test drive me on some marks. Real simple stuff. Then on to our house. Gigi got home and I had to teach her to throw happy bumpers in our pond. It was funny getting 5 yard marks but we got wet and had fun.

After that Gigi, like all grandmas, found my true weakness, the belly rub. We sat on the drive and she gave me the best belly rub and oh I just kicked and kicked my back legs. She laughed and leaned over and kissed me on the nose. I thought one good turn deserves another so I gave her a full blown french kiss. She said eeewwww but she laughed and laughed. I think she liked it. That pretty much wrapped up the first day.

Saturday we got up and took a long walk and then went backroading in the truck. We ended up at Greg's pond again and Pa Tim ran me on a couple of blinds, 30 yard blinds. I didn't say anything but really 30 yard water blinds? Gigi took lots of pics and Pa Tim said Gigi I think you have a photo fetish. Whats a fetish little Mac? Are they good things?

After that Pa Tim wanted to know if he and me could go to the cabin and meet some of the neighbors that were fishing on Sulphur River. Gigi said sure so off we go. We went by and I met his friends and while they visited I nosed around all kinds of great scents down there.

Well we got a phone call something about Generators and Pa tim said come on Jade we got to go check on something I kenneled up and off we go back to the farm. We didn't go far and it started to get to be nasty weather so Pa Tim got out let me out of my crate and put me in the back seat of his truck. He jumped back in and we start off and it is really raining and lightning and everything. All of the sudden he said Dear Lord what is that smell. Did I mention how wonderful cleaned catfish smell and to roll in them is heaven. I think he kept saying Good Lord and Dear Lord cause he was so thankful about how I smelled.

Well the whole ride home he is muttering something about redneck baths and febreeze. We got home and sat under the carport until it stopped raining. Then he got some of Gigi's special shampoo, don't tell Gigi, and he would throw a bumper in my pond and I would get it and he would put the special shampoo on and I would get one of those wonderful back and belly rubs then another bumper. He kept saying something about wet, lather, rinse, and repeat.

So off we head back to the river. I stayed in my crate till about 10 and we left our friends camp and headed to our cabin. We opened the door and there were two big soft recliners. Somehow I knew whose they were. I looked at him and he said its ok Gracie wouldn't mind at all so I jumped up on the one on the right. Pa Tim did a few things turned on the tv and in a little bit got in his recliner. A little while later he looked at me and said what Pretty Girl, he calls me that alot, and I eased out of my and Gracie's recliner and climbed in his lap. He went to sleep and then I got back in mine and we slept all night.

We got up Sunday and took our walk. I'm starting to like these morning walks this country life does have some advantages. Visited some more and headed home. On the way home Pa Tim got a call and some of his friends were training at Damon's farm and Damon's little girl Lydia wanted to meet me. Pa Tim told me how sad Lydia was that Sugar had lost her momma Gracie. So we make a left hand turn and head over there.

Lydia is so sweet and she ran me on a couple of marks. Then that Greg, I swear he can't keep his hands off of me, wanted to run some blinds so I let him. At last 100+ yard land, shallow water, big boy big girl blinds. I was so happy no cast or whistle refusals and at last these people know what I can do. I was afraid I was going to be stuck in kindergarten training haha. The other thing it was so fun to be around Lydia I miss the kids nothing like a hug from someone the same heighth as you.

Well I better sign off Pa Tim is outside cleaning fish and he should be through pretty soon and I'm supposed to be in our recliner. Love you little Mac can't wait to meet you. I will send you some pics soon and keep you posted about how they are doing.

Jade
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Good stuff!!!!!!:d
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

What a wonderful note Jade!
    Sonia Liedman

Handled by:
    Rocky's Red Hot Shot "Chip" QAA
    Babyduck's Blueberry Power "Blue"

Trained by:
    Piva's Gem Rocky "Rocky" MH QAA - RIP
    Swede Grove's Rough Rider "Teddy" JH - RIP

Happy happy happy......

Very nice. Great!! Thanks.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

Default Jade

Jade getting love
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vicky Trainor; 06-04-2013 at 10:33 PM.
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

Makes my heart happy.
    Don't bother to just be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
    William Faulkner

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Richard
    SHOOT EM' IN THE LIPS..........

HRCH Otter Sloughs Bronze Gander " Gander"
    TTF Duck Sloughs Make Mine a Double "Shooter"

www.ducksloughkennel.com

Romans 8:28

Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

Vicky