The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best SEC Cities for sports fans- GDG

Default Best SEC Cities for sports fans- GDG

all right you SEC homers and fanboys...tell me about this list and give me a reason as to why its under rated or over rated.....

I will start....College Station at # 4...are you kidding me...the only time its that good is when UT comes to town...It MAY be the dog training mecca of TEXAS but sports town...puhleeezzze....

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/201...r-sports-fans/
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Trailer Ville #2???????????????????? That place doesn't place in any of the required criteria IMO.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Trailer Ville #2???????????????????? That place doesn't place in any of the required criteria IMO.
    i agree....least likely place to want to go on the list.

Starksville at 2? Give me a break! I can see the Gumps being at number one, but Ms State #2? No way!! Baton Rouge is easily at the 2 spot (if not the 1 spot) That list at the bottom of the page shows Football and Basketball only. Well lets look at it, Death Valley is being reworked as we speak again and will add another 10 K seats.... and will sell out each week. Our basketball has left a lot to be desired over the last decade I will admit. But lets look at the big picture.... LSU leads the country each year in Baseball attendance and has the nicest Baseball facilities too boot at Alex Box Stadium. LSU's track team is also a annual top5 team.

I guess the real question with their theory is this? If Basketball weighs so much into the final numbers, then why is Kentucky at the bottom of the list? The list, the data and the entire concept is flawed... LSU is number one end of story
    God, Family, Country & LSU Football.

Fayetteville way under rated. Sure it's not the best but its better than auburn, college station, Starkville, and columbia just right off the top of my head. Tailgating is huge. To give it an 11 is ridiculous. Dickson street is like the cleaner Beale street for bars. Sports radio you won't find more entertaining call in shows outside of Alabama. Sure it's a homer mentality. But Fayetteville is one of the cleaner towns on the list and it has a rabid/delusional fan base unlike some schools on the list. The only schools that I think legitimately deserve to be ahead of them are: Alabama, ole miss, lsu, Georgia, UT, and maybe Florida.

To combine game day atmosphere with records seems like a flawed scale. Ole miss and miss st are higher because of atmosphere and Florida is higher because of record. That should be 2 different rating systems. Before this rating came out from Sat down South I never gave them much credibility as it was. Now they don't have any

BB = Bons bored lol. Hey Bon Cowboys play in three weeks. As far as SEC Manzell is imploding more each day. Mannings kicked him out of qb camp and he pleaded to misdemeanor today. Pro? ha ha.

Ok I hijacked way to much. but am number 4? really?
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Fryer View Post
    Starksville at 2? Give me a break! I can see the Gumps being at number one, but Ms State #2? No way!! Baton Rouge is easily at the 2 spot (if not the 1 spot) That list at the bottom of the page shows Football and Basketball only. Well lets look at it, Death Valley is being reworked as we speak again and will add another 10 K seats.... and will sell out each week. Our basketball has left a lot to be desired over the last decade I will admit. But lets look at the big picture.... LSU leads the country each year in Baseball attendance and has the nicest Baseball facilities too boot at Alex Box Stadium. LSU's track team is also a annual top5 team.

I guess the real question with their theory is this? If Basketball weighs so much into the final numbers, then why is Kentucky at the bottom of the list? The list, the data and the entire concept is flawed... LSU is number one end of story
    nicest baseball? Might want to look north to Baum stadium. Annual attendance goes to miss at but nicest AND attendance is def Baum. And if we are going to include track lets not forget the 42 national championships arkansas has since 84. Lsu should be #2 on their rating system. Number 3 behind ole miss just going off game day atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    BB = Bons bored lol. Hey Bon Cowboys play in three weeks. As far as SEC Manzell is imploding more each day. Mannings kicked him out of qb camp and he pleaded to misdemeanor today. Pro? ha ha.

Ok I hijacked way to much. but am number 4? really?
    Come on Tim, I have pled to several misdermeaners and look how I turned out.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Us Mizzou people are too new to the SEC but Columbia is a great college town and pretty happy at the spot that they placed us on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Come on Tim, I have pled to several misdermeaners and look how I turned out.
    My point exactly.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon