The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: IRS: Holly Paz - what part did she play?

Default IRS: Holly Paz - what part did she play?

A few weeks ago during a public hearing IG J. Russell George was asked regarding the 41 interviews his staff had held with IRS employees during the audit:
    "Why was Holly Paz (from the IRS) at almost all of the interviews you conducted?

The IG's response was: "I am unaware of it. This is the first time I have heard this." And then the IG said he would look into it. Several weeks have passed and I have found nothing further on line about this. I assume the IG is still looking into it.

According to reports, Holly Paz sat in on 36 of the 41 interviews the IG's staff conducted during their audit. As best I can determine, Holly Paz was the former director at the tax exempt office in Cincinnati. She was then promoted to the IRS office in Washington DC. In March 2012 when Acting IRS Commissioner Miller told Nancy Marks (Senior Tech Advisor in the Wash Office) to go to Cincinnati and check out what was going on, Holly Paz accompanied her and assisted in the internal investigation. Six weeks later (May 3, 2012) Nancy Marks gave an oral report to Miller on her findings. When asked during the hearing what those findings were, Miller could not recall nor could he remember the names of the people Nancy Marks said were involved.

Recently Holly Paz was interviewed by Issa's committee, but it was behind closed doors and not at a public hearing. So far, I have found no information on line as to what the committee learned from Holly Paz.

Recently Issa's committee interviewed behind closed doors (not publicly) 4 IRS employees from the Cincinnati office. They held various positions including "manager". According to Issa, those 4 Cincinnati employees they received orders from the Washington DC office.

It is now June 4. As far as we know, we know nothing about Holly Paz' involvement because she has not testified at a public hearing. We don't know why as an IRS director in Washington DC that she was allowed to sit in on 36 interviews conducted in the IG audit. We don't know why the IG did not know she had sat in on those interviews. Mr. George has some explaining to do.

Granted, because it was an audit the employees were not under oath, but it seems odd that their former boss would sit in on their interviews.

Helen

Let's hope that this has not gotten lost in the shuffle!
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    A few weeks ago during a public hearing IG J. Russell George was asked regarding the 41 interviews his staff had held with IRS employees during the audit:
    "Why was Holly Paz (from the IRS) at almost all of the interviews you conducted?

The IG's response was: "I am unaware of it. This is the first time I have heard this." And then the IG said he would look into it. Several weeks have passed and I have found nothing further on line about this. I assume the IG is still looking into it.

According to reports, Holly Paz sat in on 36 of the 41 interviews the IG's staff conducted during their audit. As best I can determine, Holly Paz was the former director at the tax exempt office in Cincinnati. She was then promoted to the IRS office in Washington DC. In March 2012 when Acting IRS Commissioner Miller told Nancy Marks (Senior Tech Advisor in the Wash Office) to go to Cincinnati and check out what was going on, Holly Paz accompanied her and assisted in the internal investigation. Six weeks later (May 3, 2012) Nancy Marks gave an oral report to Miller on her findings. When asked during the hearing what those findings were, Miller could not recall nor could he remember the names of the people Nancy Marks said were involved.

Recently Holly Paz was interviewed by Issa's committee, but it was behind closed doors and not at a public hearing. So far, I have found no information on line as to what the committee learned from Holly Paz.

Recently Issa's committee interviewed behind closed doors (not publicly) 4 IRS employees from the Cincinnati office. They held various positions including "manager". According to Issa, those 4 Cincinnati employees they received orders from the Washington DC office.

It is now June 4. As far as we know, we know nothing about Holly Paz' involvement because she has not testified at a public hearing. We don't know why as an IRS director in Washington DC that she was allowed to sit in on 36 interviews conducted in the IG audit. We don't know why the IG did not know she had sat in on those interviews. Mr. George has some explaining to do.

Granted, because it was an audit the employees were not under oath, but it seems odd that their former boss would sit in on their interviews.

Helen
    As someone who has been interviewed as a potential witness by the IG, the part that I bolded is utterly ridiculous. Impossible that the IG did not know that someone sat in on an interview, and absurd that anyone would have been allowed to sit in on the interview in the first place. I hope America wakes up, but I don't see it happening for many reasons. We are being lied to on a grand scale on many issues.
    www.BayouMagicRetrievers.com
    FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH "Roux"
    Bayou Magic's Rouxster Bleu QAA "Bleu"
    Bayou Magic's Dave Robicheaux QAA "Burke"
    Bayou Magic's Cletus Purcell (Knucklehead Puppy)

"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." -- George Herman Ruth

I watched the hearing. When the IG (J.Russell George) said he did not know Holly Paz sat in on 36 of 41 interviews and he said he was surprised to hear this, I thought it was b.s. I think he was surprised that the committee had found that out and then asked him about it at the public hearing. He said he would look into it.
    I think he is an IG that knows what his staff is doing. Somebody had to approve her being able to sit in on the interviews and I'll bet it was Mr. George.

Remember: in an IG audit, those being interviewed are not under oath. They can say anything they want to say without repercussions for lying or being evasive.

An "investigation" appears to be the next step after an "audit". Last night a committee member said that the IG is now into an "investigation". The audit began June 2012 and results were released in May 2013. No telling how long an investigation will take before results are known.

The IG appears to be as full of crap as the IRS.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Let's hope that this has not gotten lost in the shuffle!

or forgotten on purpose. Seems to me that lots of stuff gets put off till things cool off. They think we will forget about some of this stuff.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~