The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remote Thermometer For Dog Box

Default Remote Thermometer For Dog Box

With the summer heat here, I've read about some folks having a temperature sensor in their dog box with a read out in the cab. What manufacturer do you recommend?

Thanks

I got mine at Home Depot, forget the brand but it worked great until the new puppy came along and ate the sensor!

Quote Originally Posted by CBeaty View Post
    With the summer heat here, I've read about some folks having a temperature sensor in their dog box with a read out in the cab. What manufacturer do you recommend?

Thanks
    You can use a remote barbeque temp sensor/monitor. They sell those at Lowes, Home depot etc....

Here is one at Cabelas for $15.00. It's similar to the one I use.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Natio...h-All+Products

Buck

So here's a question building from the thermometer idea....where are you guys placing the sensor at in the box? Are you placing it in the back of the box or the front toward the door? Thanks.
    Rankin' Retrievers

found one at trator supply
    HR UUD GRACH4 ROC UNJ About Time Ben SH UD RE AX MXJ OF WCX CGC "Ben"
    SHR Ironpaws Black Rock Time To Dream CGC "Kona"
    SHR Ironpaws Westshore Meant To Be CGC "Toby"
    Ironpaws Rags To Riches CGC "Zipp"

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Brewer View Post
    So here's a question building from the thermometer idea....where are you guys placing the sensor at in the box? Are you placing it in the back of the box or the front toward the door? Thanks.
    I don't know if its in the right place or not but we attached ours to the front wall next to the door with velcro so it is easy to reach in and get when you need to change the batteries. The readout is attached to the inside of the closet door so we can just open the closet to see the temp. I'm more concerned about the temp. when the truck is stationary vs. when were on the move so it's a little more convienent to have the readout in the box closet than inside the cab of the truck. I'm talking about a slide-in box. Interested in others opinions of the location of sensors/readouts, slide-ins, trailers, chassis mounts?????

Tim

Tim

Tim,

I also have a slide in and was interested in how/where placement was of the sensor. Thanks for answering. I will also likely be keeping my read out somewhere other than in the cab of my truck as I am also worried more about temp when stationary. I was looking to get some opinions on where the most successful read outs were occurring. I would think that being next to the door would have a tendency to make the temp appear warmer than it would near the rear of the box, especially if the sun is anywhere near the doors but I could see where it is the same vice versa depending on sun location. I always try to park my truck in the shade if at all possible. Thanks again for the reply.
    Rankin' Retrievers

I find that if I'm not running my fan and all the vents are closed that the closet temp. nearly matches the box temp. Like I said, the only reason I put the sensor on the door end of the box was for easy access to change batteries in the sensor. If I get a false temp. reading by having it located there I'd rather it give me a false high temp. than a false low temp..

Tim