The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Tech Pond drills...................

Default Tech Pond drills...................

show us what your favorite Tech pond set ups are and what you are working on.

I would love to have a tech pond to run drills, but we are not that lucky. We do corners of ponds and angle entries on round pond.

Dawn
    mostlygold
    Terrill's Mr Butch CDX TT; Terrill's Adalay CD TD; Goldtraks Once 'n Luv with Amy CD MH WCX; Goldtraks Opening Day; Highlands Split Image MH WCX **; Karousel's Goldtrak Maguire JH WCX; Highlands On A Dare CD MH WCX **; MHR HRCH Adirondac Bustd at the Bordr UD MH AXP AJP WCX CCA VCX CL3 PKII PDI; Mostlygold's On the Mark CL3 PJII PKI; HR WR Adirondac Mountain Renegade CDX MH WCX CCA VC

We don't stop playing because we've grown old, we grow old because we've stopped playing.

I thought this was an excellent topic. Am a little surprised there are no more responses. I don't have pics but will give you a synopsis of a training day on tech ponds. These were ran as singles.

Mark thrown to end of point. 2cd mark thrown to end of next point. Swim by old fall to next mark.

Mark thrown to end of point with cheaty entry. 2cd mark thrown to end of 2cd point requiring running by old fall on land & then cheaty entry.

Flyer on land. 2cd mark, Swim by 3 points adjacent to flyer station to long mark. 3rd mark, long water entry, long swim, past a point to bird.

Island bird. Cheating single adjacent.

One more land flyer & then a cheating mark thrown to the end of a point.

That should give you some ideas.
    Mark Land

Little one I like to visit fairly frequently. Once I've got the dogs past swim-by and handling ok, and basic decheating from up close, we back off and have a long land run then hit both of the two swim-by ponds (see the yellow line). Dog is running from a mound and has a very clear picture. Really gets a good grasp of cheating/not cheating.

Tech ponds.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DawgOnIt

thanks guys!