The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This makes me feel warm inside

Default This makes me feel warm inside

It is always nice to have a buddy that has your back.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5ef_1369938243

That is why it is always good to have a big badass friend or two.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I have watched this at least ten times. Love it just wish I could see if the Rotty caught the coyote or not. Stupid coyote sure didn't expect that and crapped all over the yard I am sure.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Good dog!!!! Pick on someone your own size coyote!
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Brownstone's Harley- "Harley" 7/29/2009 (By CH Woodhull's Roger That)
    Maple Hill's Ella Enchanted- "Ella" 8/30/2011 (By FC AFC Land Ahoy)

Yeah! You go, Mr. Rottie! Kick that mean coyote's a**
    Charlotte Kaiser: " The Problem Lies In The Talent."

I love that video. I hope the Rottie caught up with that yote off camera.

great Dawgs, I know a feller in Panton, VT. that duck hunts with his. Early season.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

That's cool. I had one attack/chase a pointer pup when I was hunting with my dad. Dad didn't see it. I thought my dad was going to kill me when he heard me shoot and the coyote yelp and run off. Puppy never new what was going on. I don't think he ever saw the coyote.
    Bubba Joiner

HRCH UH Ridgewood's Georgia Dawg (500 point club)
    HRCH Ridgewood's Gold II
    HRCH Hold My Beer & Watch This
    Hope She's A Duk Dawg

Good on big brother.

Seems our dogs have always developed similar relationships and stepped up when need be, with the current case being a Chessie that looks out for his elderly (nearly 16yr-old) Brittany "brother". Only dog fight he's ever been in was peeling a neighbor's big, roaming chocolate off the Britt and then letting it go - but always standing between the two when the Lab was around. The Britt being stone deaf and half blind with cataracts failed to hear or see a mad momma longhorn coming on another occasion when the Chessie rushed in and snatched her by the nose. Saved his brother a stomping, but the "Whadda I do now?" look once he had her attention was priceless.

Coyotes have always shared our SW Louisiana countryside, and somewhat frequently shadowed the then healthy young Brittany, perhaps more of curiosity than anything else, on his travels there without hint of ill intent, and none of us paid them any mind. Then a few years back, the old Britt came hauling back to my side with a coyote on his tail and puncture wounds in a ham to signal the beginning of more troubling times when his body language marks him as a potential meal. Not too long after, another coyote chased the Britt back to me, and I got this one's picture:

And as I wondered what now had its attention, I saw the Chessie, who'd been shagging gallinules and rails well down a drainage, coming wide open:

No, he didn't catch it, as I hit the whistle just after that last shot, and he honored it. To this day, however, he absolutely will not abide a coyote in sight when we have "his brother" along. When the Britt is there and a coyote shows, it's flat on.

But when it's just the two of us, he could care less about the coyotes:

Well, unless they press too close:

And, then, he'll just back them off:

But "brothers" look after each other.
    If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.

(And to see just how confused I really am, join us in my online blind at: Rick's 2012-2013 season log)

Cool story and pictures Rick. That is why I always have the mini 14 in the truck. I have no use for them what-so-ever and if they were as close as those in you pictures the pictures I would have would be of a dead yote.
    The properties I train on usually ask only three things from me. Leave the gates as you find them, kill every hog you see, and kill every coyote you see.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    The properties I train on usually ask only three things from me. Leave the gates as you find them, kill every hog you see, and kill every coyote you see.
    Last time I killed a coyote intentionally was with a tire tool, which was way too much like clubbing a dog to death for me. But to the point, most of the land we run on is rice country, and coyotes help keep the nutria and muskrats from cutting the levees, so killing them would be doing our hosts a disservice. Much the same as working around the gators that are, for practical purpose, a cash crop for landowners.
    If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.

(And to see just how confused I really am, join us in my online blind at: Rick's 2012-2013 season log)