The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: do you trust the goverment

Trust the government??
    Ask the American Indians how that trusting the government thing works out

Our country is currently lead by an internal terrorist and he is gathering his army of illegal aliens.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

its not the lack of trust in the govt, but I think for the first time in my life I am actually afraid of the govt
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Even govt has reason to be afraid of govt!
    Is Holder monitoring Congress' phones? Maybe!
    During testimony on Capitol Hill Thursday, Attorney General Eric Holder was asked to assure that the phones of Congress had never been monitored by the Department of Justice in light of secret monitoring of reporters and 141 million Verizon Wireless customers. Holder refused to give an answer.
    “With all due respect, senator, I don’t think this is an appropriate setting for me to discuss that issue,” Holder said in response to a question from Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) during a previously scheduled Senate hearing to discuss the Justice Department’s budget. “I’d be more than glad to come back in an appropriate setting to discuss the issues you have raised.”
    Guess the Senator should have just reworded the question: "How much money is allocated in DOJ for monitoring Congress' phones?"
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

The Patriot Act was a pack with the devil. It was only a matter of time before the abuses would begin!
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

In a word no

Trust? Never did from the time was able to vote. We have the finest government that money can buy. Used to be that caring citizens could make a difference and keep the pols honest. Not any more. Hard to buck $12 billion a year going to lobbyists and more to election campaigns.

Spying on citizens goes way back. Nixon used TV News, Inc. as spies on citizens. Since that was owned by Joe Coors, I refuse to drink his swill to this day. But that is another story.

I only have two real choices at election time. Your bandits or mine. I like mine only a bit more than yours.

You can never trust government regardless of the POTUS.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 06-06-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Can you say "Enemy of the State"? I said when that movie came out that it wasn't that far fetched!

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    its not the lack of trust in the govt, but I think for the first time in my life I am actually afraid of the govt

What he said.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The Patriot Act was a pact with the devil. It was only a matter of time before the abuses would begin!
    I said from the beginning that even the name caused me concern. Made me think of pre-WWII Germany. Way to jingoistic. Felt like the muslims had already won by convincing us to willingly give up our freedoms and protections. On an aside, anybody remember what today is?

HPL
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com