The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: do you trust the goverment

Has anyone noticed on US currency it is, "In God We Trust." Our trust in government failed about the same time as, "We the people" were ignored!
    I ignore stupidity unless you bring it to my attention!
    Crystal Coast Labradors

CCL Return To Sender
    N Sana Te

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I said from the beginning that even the name caused me concern. Made me think of pre-WWII Germany. Way to jingoistic. Felt like the muslims had already won by convincing us to willingly give up our freedoms and protections. On an aside, anybody remember what today is?

HPL
    Of course, it's the 69th anniversary.

Anyone recognize this guy?

George W Obama

I think the Islamic terrorist have gotten most of what they wanted. They have us ceding our Liberties in the name of some false security. They are the reason for the TSA, Patriot Act and other unConstitutional acts. All the while we buy Saudi Oil to the tune of billions a year and they get to support the spread Wahabism.
    Last edited by Franco; 06-06-2013 at 09:01 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

I said from the beginning that even the name caused me concern. Made me think of pre-WWII Germany. Way to jingoistic. Felt like the muslims had already won by convincing us to willingly give up our freedoms and protections. On an aside, anybody remember what today is?

HPL
    What he said!!
    D-Day

This being D-day I thought that perhaps the HISTORY!!! channel might have some good stuff. They ran "Pawn Stars" all day long. Just insulting.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

This being D-day I thought that perhaps the HISTORY!!! channel might have some good stuff. They ran "Pawn Stars" all day long. Just insulting.
    The Military Channel has been airing, "The Color Of War" all evening. Great series if you haven't seen it. And., "Saving Private Ryan" has been on HBO all week. Even the classic movie channel has been airing Normandy Invasion movies from the 40's and 50's.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Sen Lindsey Graham (R) stated today that he thinks this is a good thing and will help them curtail terror. Well, they might catch a few. But, like everything else the Government has done, it won't be long before the abuse starts. Example; The IRS. 100 years ago they told us the Top Rate would be 3% and others, less. It's a gradual theft of our Liberties and Freedoms! Now, they want to takeover Healthcare. As far as I'm concerned, the Government has been abusive of our military! Both the Repubs and Dems have abdicated themselves of "Monetary Policy" and turned it over to foreign and domestic bankers. Now, the Repubs want to act like they have the "financial" highground. Yet, most of those hypocrits voted 7 times to raise the Debt Ceiling under Bush.
    Last edited by Franco; 06-06-2013 at 10:56 PM.