The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PRISM- More gov't spying on the public

Default PRISM- More gov't spying on the public

The National Security Agency and the FBI are tapping directly into the central servers of nine leading U.S. Internet companies, extracting audio, video, photographs, e-mails, documents and connection logs that enable analysts to track a personís movements and contacts over time.The highly classified program, code-named PRISM, has not been disclosed publicly before
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/invest...y.html?hpid=z1
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Can you say "Enemy of the State"? I said long ago when that movie came out that it wasn't far fetched.

This is what happens when Liberty is trumped by Security.

1984 George Orwell.....isnt so far fetched anymore...I remember reading it as a teenager pre '84 and it was scary then
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Who knows ,,maybe thats why they hand out free cell phones,,, they can also utilize that camera on your computer. Now they are thinking about devices installed in new appliance with new super computers they can sift through this stuff pretty quick.
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Who knows ,,maybe thats why they hand out free cell phones,,, they can also utilize that camera on your computer. Now they are thinking about devices installed in new appliance with new super computers they can sift through this stuff pretty quick.

http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/cia-wants-spy-you-through-your-appliances

Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

You would think that if our intelligence community is so good (as Joe Biden told us in the VP debate), that they would have a list, or could formulate a list of those most likely to need to be monitored for matters of national security. Why would they have to monitor EVERYthing that is happening on the websites and the Verizon system?

It would seem that it would be more cost-effective to sift through less data than the volumes we're talking about. Verizon says that it handles 1 billion calls each day! How much computer time is needed to retrieve that data? store it? sift through it?

Seems like none of this helped with the Boston Marathon bombers! And in that case the FBI had reason to target its monitoring ... but it slipped through their fingers. In fact, with handling SO MUCH data, is it more likely that the important data will get buried? Is it just more waste of govt funds?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

They been doing this since 2003. No one can think of what they are really doing.

Chuck Woolery @chuckwoolery
    So let me get this straight. #Government can't track #illegals and out of date #visas, But they know who you called this morning?#NSA
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

This stuff has gone beyond reason. Right now HSA has a building under construction that will dwarf the Pentagon in size complete with garden terraces and water fountains. Where are the Republican fiscal watchdogs when we need them??
    Last edited by zeus3925; 06-07-2013 at 12:57 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!