The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IRS - its 4 divisions (2 have been audited))

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...er-on-website/
    The latest bungle of the IRS ... accidentally releasing an estimated 100,000 SS #s publicly on its website.

Ted Cruz may be very right ... abolish this agency and start over! Of course, that would wreak havoc with the unemployment figures. The report was that 195,000 jobs were created in April. Abolishing the IRS might easily wipe out that number.

LOL! Would you hire a former IRS employee?
    Sure... Just not one of the political appointees...
    Bill Davis

NOPE NEVER! On a business level I dealt with the IRS and every single one of them did not know tax law!
    The most simple thing I was trying to correct from the clown who had the job before me had to do with when a deposit was due. Since the clown used the wrong due dates we were being charged fines, interest etc. The IRS IDIOT could not understand the simple IRS REAL due dates.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Not even to clean kennels

Richard

Did you see the reports of IG George back testifying. The Ds on the committee are trying to pick him apart. Elijah Cummings among them. Seems that George's associations with Obama are not enough to shield him from being another casualty thrown under the bus to keep the administration's fingerprints off the bad stuff. Same for Carter Hull, the DC counsel for the IRS (recently retired, of course).

It's really irksome to think that taxpayers will pay for the cushy retirements of all these lawbreakers since there has been absolutely no accountability who arguably broke all the rules with regard to a primary civil right of all citizens.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I looked for the hearing to be televised, but could not find it, so I missed it. But I did hear that in all his years (48?), Carter Hull had never been told to pass IRS paperwork up to the Counsel's office. So TO WHOM did Hull have to pass this on to?

Helen-

See http://www.c-span.org/ and look for a video with the title "IRS Officials Testify on Targeting Conservative Groups". It's a 2 parter. The first part is in the bottom row (with that title) and the second part is accessed from the first page header. Sounds messy but it's really dead easy.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

The report made public Tuesday by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) says 12 executives were in travel status for over 200 days out of the year, with 15 amassing approximately $81,544 in expenses each in Fiscal Year 2011 and $73,054 each in Fiscal Year 2012.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2Zyymw53y
    These figures are unclear to me. If 15 people spent only $81,500 for 200 travel days each, that would be less than $30/day. Virtually impossible to be that low.

OTOH, does it mean that 15 people EACH spent $81,500? That would be about $407/day ... that sounds more realistic considering overnight stays, meals and transportation for 200 travel days (it appears that only 12 of the people used 200 travel days; not clear how many travel days the other 3 had).

So, if 15 people EACH spent $81,500, the total would be $1,222,500 for just those 15 people ... not counting any other IRS employees who travelled that year. Essentially, the $10,000 reduction for the following year, is actually larger than the "sequester" amount. It would appear there are definitely ways to trim the IRS budget without any impact on the work they do.

The IRS has agreed to examine the costs and benefits of placing the executives mentioned in a different station, and in the interim instituted a change in its travel policy that generally restricts executives from traveling more than 75 nights in any fiscal year.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2Zz18oY00
    How nice of them to agree to examining their costs. The new travel policy should work ... until someone starts giving some waivers.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    They are all looking out for each other... The people be damned. The only way this is ever going to change (if it ever really does). Is for the folks to start throwing all of the bums out. Starting with all of the ones who have been there the longest.
    Bill, me thinks a guillotine (sp?) would go a long way in clearing/cleaning up the crap going on in Washington.
    Just Win

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Bill, me thinks a guillotine (sp?) would go a long way in clearing/cleaning up the crap going on in Washington.
    We better get an "electoral guillotine" in motion or it may be too late... The govt is building up such huge stashes of ammo and arms right here at home. I don't have any trust of anything they are doing... So many lies, so much secrecy. So much BS. So much flat out corruption. I've never thought anything like this about the US govt. WTH?
    Bill Davis

What these people are doing is taking a higher position but not moving to where the job is located. They should get no travel paid at my expense to commute. If they want the higher pay and perks of the higher post, they should accept the responsibility to move. What really baffles me is that the IG report merely calls for tighter controls and requires that they are made aware that this is taxable income. If I were the IG, I'd make them refund the payments.

When I was in the Air Force, suppose I'd tried this kind of a game? I actually could have done it...once. I carried world wide blanket travel orders. I could go anyplace I felt I had a need to go and fly by any means needed to get there. However, when the bill came in, I'd better have a good trip report to attach to it.

This kind of entitlement thinking is part of the reason Detroit is swirling around the plug hole.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge