The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teflon Obama

Default Teflon Obama

Why do Obama's approval ratings stay stable, while the polls show that the people think Congress is a mess; politics are dirty business; and the country is going down the toilet? Keeping in mind that Obama's approval rating still hovers close to 50% even in the wake of Benghazi, the IRS, the EPA, the DOJ antics; in spite of everyone from the NYT and Chicago Tribune assailing the practices of DOJ and IRS.

Rush Limbaugh has a theory that it's because Obama has convinced people that govt is so awful, but he is the white knight who cares and is trying to fix all this bad stuff. So, the chicanery is never associated with Obama ... and that is why his approval ratings stay high while the administration crumbles around him.

I came across a piece by John Ransom that explains why Limbaugh's theorem could apply:
    Obama was re-elected not because he was effective as the executive head of government, but because the American people long for leaders who offer them moral righteousness.
    The American people will overlook incompetence for the ability to live daringly, greatly and righteously.
    This helps explain why the campaign slogan of "hope and change" was so effective. A LIV actually believes the rhetoric and ignores the evidence that points to something else. The voters have a need to believe that their President cares about them. Obama's speeches always focus on his outrage at misdeeds, and how he's working to fix "it".

Clinton, much as I dislike him, also seemed to have that quality.

Reagan was not the greatest POTUS due to his natural abilities; and he made mistakes, for sure, but he also had the ability to "connect" with the citizens and convey that he cared.

One sees the same thing with those who adore Sarah Palin. It also explains the devotion of Ron Paul followers. That is not to equate Palin with Paul, but rather to explain that far different people can still have the same ability to inspire followers.

The right words and charisma go a long way with LIVs. It's an emotional thing. When the Rs realize that, they will

Much as I respect Ted Cruz' competence and intelligence, he needs an infusion of Palin's charisma. I have never been a Palin fan, but one cannot deny her ability to energize and relate to her crowd. We cannot deny that kind of showmanship plays a role in political success.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Thumbs up

Good post. Probably all very true. Sometimes I think the polls are "rigged". Sometimes I think people will not admit they were wrong about Obama when they voted for him. Somtimes I just think people are very, very dumb. Most are waiting ( and hoping ) for someone else to fix this country ( not themselves ).
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

One sees the same thing with those who adore Sarah Palin. It also explains the devotion of Ron Paul followers. That is not to equate Palin with Paul, but rather to explain that far different people can still have the same ability to inspire followers.

The right words and charisma go a long way with LIVs. It's an emotional thing. When the Rs realize that, they will

Much as I respect Ted Cruz' competence and intelligence, he needs an infusion of Palin's charisma. I have never been a Palin fan, but one cannot deny her ability to energize and relate to her crowd. We cannot deny that kind of showmanship plays a role in political success.
    Nothing explains the devotion of the RP followers, but like Franco they are consistent and stick to their talking points and their mantra as if they were all reading from the same script, I see that on the various chat forums that I peruse...I can almost identify the RP followers within a few posts...

As for the Palin devotees , I was initially mesmerized by her, but after I closed my eyes and listened to the content, she showed that she doesnt have the depth and gravitasse to pull off a national leadership position, she lost me completely when she resigned as Governor

I saw the rise of Ted Cruz from all my Texas friends on other chat forums, and I think I would like to reserve judgement on him until he completes at least half of a term, and shows me some meaningful legislation
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Why do Obama's approval ratings stay stable, Obama's approval rating still hovers close to 50% .
    why?.......

black population in the u.s. 13%. racism, he is black thus can do no wrong.
    hispanic population in u.s. 17%. racism, he and the democrat party are more supportive of immigration policies viewed as favorable by hispanics. thus he can do no wrong.
    white women pop voting dem 22%. all of us married to a white woman know they will never admit being wrong......even to a confidential pollster!

total 52%

it is impossible for the president's approval rating to ever fall below 50%.
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    why?.......

hispanic population in u.s. 17%. racism, he and the democrat party are more supportive of immigration policies viewed as favorable by hispanics. thus he can do no wrong.
    white women pop voting dem 22%. all of us married to a white woman know they will never admit being wrong......even to a confidential pollster!

total 52%

Spot on right there.......And Rush also talked about critical mass when more people are on the dole than those that are not. I don't know many people on welfare that support conservative views.....and one last thing......when someone likes Obama I always ask where they work and it seem like almost every time they work for the government.....Again, someone getting their money from the government is not going to want cuts.

It's still the "Everyone that votes for me, gets free ice cream" syndrome. Nobody wants to hear how bad he is, as long as he's the one doleing out their 'ice cream'.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    why?.......

total 52%

I agree withn your stats. The fact that his approval rating has fallen below 52% is testament to how incredibly terribloe mhis performance has been
    This next election I truly believe is critical to the continued existence of these USA in the workable form that made it the greatest country in history

The POTUS does a wonderful job of avoiding these issues. He knows that if he ignores these fiascos, eventually, the "sheep" will forget. If you'll notice, each time a scandal occurs Obama finds a soapbox to jump on to shift the focus to something else. His renewed "determination" to close Guantanamo is a perfect example.

Frankly, it should be insulting to any educated American that he thinks we can't see through the load of BS he tries to feed us.

Those that approve of this presidency can't be paying attention. Don't get me wrong, I think the entire government is a mess and most should be kicked to the curb, but Obama is not doing ANYTHING! The POTUS should bring Americans together, not divide us.

I believe he hates what this country is about. I don't believe hardly anything that comes out of his mouth, but he did say "...that we need to, fundamentally, change America." The only statements he makes, with any conviction, are about changing this country.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Why do Obama's approval ratings stay stable, while the polls show that the people think Congress is a mess; politics are dirty business; and the country is going down the toilet? Keeping in mind that Obama's approval rating still hovers close to 50% even in the wake of Benghazi, the IRS, the EPA, the DOJ antics; in spite of everyone from the NYT and Chicago Tribune assailing the practices of DOJ and IRS.
    Read the "The little boy who called wolf". In all honestly that's it in a nutshell, conservative talk shows began with birth certificate gate, followed by college gate, vacation gate......, one attempt following into another, people have now ignored the fact that he is and always has been worthless in large part because of the Rushtards and their crazy talk drowning out reasonable logic. It also doesn't help that Presidents are compared against their predecessors.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Nothing explains the devotion of the RP followers, but like Franco they are consistent and stick to their talking points and their mantra as if they were all reading from the same script, I see that on the various chat forums that I peruse...I can almost identify the RP followers within a few posts...

As for the Palin devotees , I was initially mesmerized by her, but after I closed my eyes and listened to the content, she showed that she doesnt have the depth and gravitasse to pull off a national leadership position, she lost me completely when she resigned as Governor

I saw the rise of Ted Cruz from all my Texas friends on other chat forums, and I think I would like to reserve judgement on him until he completes at least half of a term, and shows me some meaningful legislation
    That is the very point, Bon ... Palin and RP are totally different but both have passionate following. There is a charisma, an emotional connection that they make that can only be defined in emotional terms. Obama has that quality for many. Reagan had it. JFK had it; and FDR. They key in most of them seems to be that the voters believe they care about them because of their words, even when their actions don't demonstrate that is true.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.