RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

RHOF Nominations

4K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Sharon Potter 
#1 ·
Retriever Hall of Fame nomination ballots are ready for next year induction.
My votes are:
Two outstanding dogs.
1. 2002 NFC FC AFC Cashman's Fat Lady Zingin
2. FC AFCNick of Time Lone Ranger
People
1. Marylin J Fender
2. Lynn Dubose

If any of you need spots to fill or haven't decided in who to nominate, please consider the above nominations. IMO they all deserve to be there.

#3 ·
Mary "Candlewood" Howley
think about the number of national titled dogs she produced
think about the number of FC's or AFC's she produced
think about the number of derby dogs she produced
think about the number of trials she judged including a national
think about the number of titled and nationally titled dogs she owned
think about the number of bitches that produced more than 4 titled dogs in their lifetime - any breeder ever owned more BB, Rita, Lottie, etc
I think it is a shame she isn't already in the hall.

#4 ·
Mary "Candlewood" Howley
think about the number of national titled dogs she produced
think about the number of FC's or AFC's she produced
think about the number of derby dogs she produced
think about the number of trials she judged including a national
think about the number of titled and nationally titled dogs she owned
think about the number of bitches that produced more than 4 titled dogs in their lifetime - any breeder ever owned more BB, Rita, Lottie, etc
I think it is a shame she isn't already in the hall.
+1

Long overdue

#8 ·
FC-NAFC Rebel Chief of Heber
(FC-AFC Paha Sapa Chief II x FC-AFC Penny Girl)
AKC Reg. #SA-82627 birthdate 12/25/1960
owners Mr. & Mrs. Gus Rathert
breeder Frank Miller

Campaigned for 6 years by Amateur Owner-Handler
173 Total All-Age points
88 Open AA points (avg. 15/yr), 85 Amateur AA points (avg. 14/yr)
10 Open Wins, 12 Amateur Wins

Qualified for 5 Consecutive National Opens (competed in 4)
Finalist two times
Average Series Completed - 7

Qualified for 6 Consecutive National Amateurs (competed in 4)
Winner once - 1965
Average Series Completed - 6.3

Two Doubleheaders -- Lassen RC 2/65, No. Cal. RTC 3/67

#9 ·
Jay F. Carlisle of Wingan Kennel. Mr. Carlisle imported many Labradors in the 1930’s and his dogs were dominant both on the bench and in the field. His game steward he brought from Scotland was David Elliot (who is in the Hall of Fame). Two early field trials were dedicated to Mr. Carlisle. In 1938 the Jay F. Carlisle Memorial Trial at East Islip, Long Island, New York and the second memorial trial at Sands Point, New York in 1939. At Wingan Kennel Kathleen Star got her start in field trials in training Labradors. She probably is better known as Mrs. Fredericks of Timbertown Kennel fame.

The Labrador Retriever Club dedicated one of its performance books to Jay Carlisle, claiming he was "singly the most important person responsible for the Labrador's popularity in America." Just think about that for a moment. The national breed club, for the AKC's most popular breed, credits this field trial pioneer for the breed's popularity.

#11 ·
Just voted for her. Jessie was the first Chesapeake in the history of the breed to hold all the titles of Field Champion, Conformation Champion (Dual Champion) and Amateur Field Champion, plus and obedience title.

Qualified twice for the National Open Championship and five times for the National Amateur Championship.

Top Chesapeake Bitch in the Country

Open 1987, 1990 1992 AND Amateur 1988, 1989, 1991

From a personal standpoint trained with the Patterson's AND Jessie, judged her in the all-age. She is without a doubt the nicest Chesapeake and retriever I have thrown birds for except perhaps her daughter
DUAL CH and AFC JJ's Chi-Town Blizzard CD MH top those apple's. I had the opportunity to judge the 1996 Chesapeake Specialty Amateur All-Age stake at Mike Lardy's place , Handjem Kennels, watched a lot of excellent dogs and Jessie would have been there with the best of them.

#16 ·
my nominee for the RHOF dog would be '82 NAFC '82 CNFC CAFC FC Piper's Pacer

140 All age points

won the National Amateur and Canadian National Open in the same year

Three time National finalist

20 Titled offspring which included '82 National derby champion '88 CNFC FC AFC Hiwood Piper's Pacer Pic

#18 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.