The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ***GDG--40 Years Ago Today--PERFECTION!!--GDG**

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    The Triple Crown Trophy is arguably the most difficult trophy to win in all of sportdom. I know a family who owned a triple crown winner back in the late 40's. I have been in the house where the trophies are on display. The first time I saw the trophies was probably about 30 yrs ago. Each of the individual race trophies (which are big shiny things) is displayed on it's own ledge, each in a place of honor. The person with me in the house pointed out each of those trophies but said nothing about the Triple Crown trophy. Finally I asked about the triple crown trophy and she pointed to this angular, three sided silver bowl sitting in the middle of the dining room table with grapes, apples, and bananas in it. Cracked me up. Last time I saw it things had changed a bit. (It's now under glass and sits on motion detectors with who knows what other security measures). ON the other hand, if someone stole it, what could they do with it? There are only eleven of them and anyone that might want it would NEVER be able to tell that they had it.
    OK I'm pleading Keystone Light disease last night. Of course Assault the club footed comet. I hang my head in shame not knowing that right off the bat.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    My anal attitude towards horses made me go back and check the facts. You and your brother were close except he lost his first at 7 furlongs after having much trouble.

He was a great horse, definitely top class. I encourage you to google Black Ruby mule. Its a good read. To me her story is similar to dogs. They don't all have to be at the most elite level to be considered great.
    Nether do trainers or posters on a forum?..Some are just natural born 'talkers', and some just get on on and do it?..I suppose.
    One Shooter One Spaniel One Retriever

Quote Originally Posted by polmaise View Post
    Nether do trainers or posters on a forum?..Some are just natural born 'talkers', and some just get on on and do it?..I suppose.
    Yes, indeed.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon