The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else listen to Mark Levin?

Default Does anyone else listen to Mark Levin?

I have been incredibly disheartened about the "transformation" of the country. You hear the term "soft tyranny" a lot but it seems to be getting harder all the time. I am convinced that our electoral process is completely broken and if that's true, then we are no longer a free people.

But I think that Mark Levin is a pivotal voice of the opposition. His books have defined the problem with incredible precision. (If you haven't read Ameritopia... you must). It was his legal foundation (as well as the Thomas More foundation and ACLJ) that brought the cases that exposed the IRS persecution of the tea party groups. Not to mention his daily radio programs.

Lately he is talking about another book coming out in August. From what he is saying it sounds like a proposal for some Constitutional remedy and plan of action to fight the encroaching tyranny. I've been trying to figure out where he is going with this. Do you suppose he'll offer guidelines for a Constitutional convention? Or a plan for how to use the 10th amendment to strengthen the hands of the states to fight federal tyranny?

Caution... before you respond to this, remember that the NSA is watching every key-stroke you make!!!!

I listen to Levin when I am in the car at the right time. I don't get good reception in the house. That's how I stumbled across who he even was.

He is an intelligent guy, and very passionate. I've heard him hang up on people saying, (paraphrasing) "This is too stupid to continue!" After listening to people like Medved and Prager, that was a shocker to me. However, maybe that's just the kind of attitude needed to respond to idiocy like Matthews' saying that Obama "has never done anything wrong in his life." I think Matthews is an "act" ... it's the only way that he could keep a job, for the comic relief.

I wouldn't be surprised if Levin could lay out some framework as you describe.

I keep wondering why Congress keeps making new laws that already are provided for in the Constitution. Makes me think that these fellas haven't read it, much less ever tried to understand it.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

He is can be volatile on the radio. But he also profoundly knowledgeable about the historical foundations for human rights, the enlightenment philosophies that undergird the Constitution, the source and meaning of each amendment in the constitution, the court decisions that have shaped the way it is interpreted... he is by no means a mindless bomb-thrower. When he puts it in writing it is altogether as passionate as his public face, but the reasoning is as tight and succinct as anything I've ever read.

We are absolutely living in a post-constitutional non-republic. I don't know if we'll be able to get it back.

I listen to Mark Levin, he is by far the most educated of ALL the talk show people when it comes to Constitutional Law, with Laura Ingraham a close second, I would not call him entertaining, but he is educating on certain subjects. He certainly is no R homer,he is refreshingly blunt and to the point
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I listen to Mark as often as I can. As BonMallari says above, he is the smartest, most well educated of all the talk show hosts (I agree Laura is close). I also think he is passionate about our country and has vision for what is coming, but I fear he does not have any quick fixes, as none may exist short of an overthrow of our current Government. Do you hear me NSA? Of course this would be a non violent and legal overthrow following ourConstitutional prerogatives...

I have his books on tyranny and statism. Wish some station in the Black hills carried him, I'd certainly listen. He's an excellant conservative voice that is very informative.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

If the rest of our our fellow Americans cared half as much as Mark Levin does we wouldn't be in this mess. I listen to him in the car as well, I can only do small doses or I get pretty wound up...

To me Levin is easily the most informed and interesting and least sensationalist of all the sensationalist Talking heads.
    One of the few that actually proposes possibly workable solutions.
    I would make it a point to listen to him more often if his voice wasnt so fingernails on chalkboardish

I have an app on my iphone (hello, NSA!) and listen to his shows the day after they're broadcast. It's interesting how most of the other talkers put their shows up in such a way that you're forced to listen to all the commercials. Or they put their shows up quite a few days after their live presentation... or they put up just parts and you have to open each subject individually. Levin could probably make more money by cutting some similar deal with syndicators or sponsors, but I think he genuinely wants to reach as many people as he can.

And yeah, he doesn't exactly have a mellow baritone. But it's worth trying to hear as much of what he says as you can.

I listen to him often..

I agree with a LOT of what he has to say..

I am interested in the book his Dad did called "The Crossing".

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"