The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disability Fraud

Default Disability Fraud

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...n-kay-melchior

These are some of the ones they actually caught ... wonder how many more are still collecting.

Ironically, at least two of these Top Ten were actually employed by the Soc Sec Admin while they were still collecting benefits! You'd think that the SSA would at least check the SS #s of prospective employees against their list of claim #s?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I know of two currently gaming the system, one has been on ssdi for 20 yrs and can really cut a rug, the other has no problem hunting a 60 day season or sitting on a mini track hoe all day. The first one helped walk the second through the system, both need cement boots and a 100' of water.
    Just Win

six and a half feet of water would be more fun
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Someone lying about disabiity to scam the taxpayers is the lowest kind of cheat there is. There was a local farrier here that retired on disability from a large suburban fire dept. for a back injury. Seriously...if you have a bad back you'd barely be able to lift a horse's leg, much less trim hooves and put shoes on them all day! He died of alcoholism not long ago.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Someone lying about disabiity to scam the taxpayers is the lowest kind of cheat there is. There was a local farrier here that retired on disability from a large suburban fire dept. for a back injury. Seriously...if you have a bad back you'd barely be able to lift a horse's leg, much less trim hooves and put shoes on them all day! He died of alcoholism not long ago.
    Damn the bad luck
    Just Win

julie,
    did you ever stop and think that maybe....just maybe his back was so affected by injury that he could no longer stand straight. then maybe one day he saw a farrier bent over putting the finishing touches on a horse and said to himself, "hey, he is bent over like me.....i could do that job!" i am sure he notified soc sec he had a new job. with their efficiency the paperwork probably got lost?
    john mccallie

I love the postal worker that got caught spinning the big wheel on "The Price is Right"
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

I severely injured my plantar fascia two weeks ago when I tripped on a chair leg and stepped funny when I planted my foot to regain my balance, at first I thought I had ruptured my Achilles, because my foot was on fire, I had to have a wheel chair take me downstairs and security took me to the emergency room

The paperwork to be filled out for disability was enormous, but luckily for me I did not rupture the tendon, just stretched the hell out of it..I went to physical therapy, changed shoes and orthotics, and stretch my hamstrings and calves before I even put my shoes on...

But I had more"tips" from fellow employees on how to exploit the disability claim, in fact I am having trouble convincing CHUBB that I do not wish to file a claim because I only missed half a shift and took a couple of days of PTO to rehab..I know that disability fraud is rampant in the restaurant business,its well known throughout some ethnic communities that its a way to keep getting a check without working
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

We had an employee who was out on disability for back issues. The fool came to the company xmas party and boogied down all night. More than on person sent pics and video to the company's insurance co. Even then it was hard to fire her.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    julie,
    did you ever stop and think that maybe....just maybe his back was so affected by injury that he could no longer stand straight. then maybe one day he saw a farrier bent over putting the finishing touches on a horse and said to himself, "hey, he is bent over like me.....i could do that job!" i am sure he notified soc sec he had a new job. with their efficiency the paperwork probably got lost?
    And the drinking was pain management for his back ! Farriers around here make good money and it's easy to hide if you insist your clients pay you in cash. He didn't shoe for me for long, but more because he had a temper and was a drunk, and horses that are beaten with rasps quickly get to where they don't want their feet messed with at all.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981